Harry Potter and the Cursed child, Parts I & II (HC)

kryptonite

Slipcover/Books/Sports
Premium Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
Chicago, USA
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One & Two (Special Rehearsal Edition Script): The Official Script Book of the Original West End Production Hardcover
July 31, 2016

Pre-order Link:
AMAZON

TARGET

upload_2016-7-15_11-12-3.png

The Eighth Story. Nineteen Years Later.

Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, a new play by Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. The play will receive its world premiere in London’s West End on July 30, 2016.

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.

Only at Target: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts I & II (Special Rehearsal Edition) (Hardcover) by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne & John Tiffany with Only-at-Target Poster included!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: dan8885 and bd251
Can't wait to read this book. Who'd have thought we'd have a new Harry Potter book in 2016?

I wonder if they will proceed with a movie? I know the stars don't want to though.
I'll be shocked if they don't. Another way to make money out of the Harry Potter franchise after Fantastic Beasts.

Emma Watson didn't want to return. Daniel Radcliffe, although he enjoyed starring in them, begged Rowling not to make another part as he thought 8 movies were more than enough.

Emma Watson didn't want to return. Daniel Radcliffe, although he enjoyed starring in them, begged Rowling not to make another part as he thought 8 movies were more than enough.
Don't forget though that a new movie would likely be at least 10 years after the last one given that they'll be focused on the Fantastic Beasts trilogy for the time being. Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson will have had a long break from Harry Potter by then.

Absolutely. But it all boils down to them. I take Keira Knightley into example. She said she would never do another Pirates. And she has maintained that thought going on 9 years now.

Here is one interview Emma did calling it her "Prison" years.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...r-films-I-felt-like-prisoner-nearly-quit.html

If they change their minds, ill be thrilled. Naturally. But they didn't sound too eager last time.

Last edited:
Absolutely. But it all boils down to them. I take Keira Knightley into example. She said she would never do another Pirates. And she has maintained that thought going on 9 years now.

Here is one interview Emma did calling it her "Prison" years.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...r-films-I-felt-like-prisoner-nearly-quit.html

If they change their minds, ill be thrilled. Naturally. But they didn't sound too eager last time.
We're talking about one film though, whereas back then they were making eight and they were probably on very intense filming schedules.

Well, Daniel Radcliffe declined to return as HP to appear in a cameo in Fantastic Beasts. So chances are, he'll decline a ninth Potter film. But as I said, its up to them I guess. :)

Well, Daniel Radcliffe declined to return as HP to appear in a cameo in Fantastic Beasts. So chances are, he'll decline a ninth Potter film. But as I said, its up to them I guess. :)
Where did you hear that?

I'm not sure how Harry Potter would fit into a film like Fantastic Beasts anyway given it's set 70 years before.

Where did you hear that?

I'm not sure how Harry Potter would fit into a film like Fantastic Beasts anyway given it's set 70 years before.

All this info is available on the net. This is one where he said no to the role.
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/daniel-radcliffe-cameo-fantastic-beasts-find/

As for where HP fits into all this, I have no idea. I can only assume the developers wanted to cash in on the hype by probably starting off or ending off with a HP cameo to sweeten the deal. But anyway, he declined the offer.