Harry Potter 8-Film Collection - 20th Anniversary (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) [USA]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 16, 2021
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $139.99
Note: This 20th Anniversary Collector’s Edition includes:
All 8 films of 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray from the Harry Potter Series - The Harry Potter Magical Movie Mode on Blu-ray - Hogwarts Express Ticket - a 32-page booklet

81QxhkMCHaL._SL1500_.jpg

71E+MVTx7FL._SL1500_.jpg
71nApaSd12L._SL1500_.jpg
81t3WDMmLHL._SL1500_.jpg
710KCQUB76L._SL1500_.jpg
814WMWbniWL._SL1500_.jpg

Nice looking, but heavy card, expecially holding the discs (I expect). I would expect this is something that would look nice, in its packaging, on a shelf.

So the UK version works out at over £100 more because of a pin, some art cards, mini poster, extra booklet, and the spectacular Blu-ray special features…

Don’t really think it’s worth it to be honest, so will just upgrade the discs in my Wizards Collection to 4K

very nice edition ... in the package I thought it was made of real metal (which I figured it wouldnt be ...) but they used some type of paper on the hard card that has a luster that appears like metal. The rivets are all embossed too.

So the UK version works out at over £100 more because of a pin, some art cards, mini poster, extra booklet, and the spectacular Blu-ray special features…

Don’t really think it’s worth it to be honest, so will just upgrade the discs in my Wizards Collection to 4K
Actually like 150 pounds more or like $205 more then the USA for pin, art cards, mini poster. USA has the booklet and comes with a Blu-ray set. Which if one only wants 4k they could sell on the BD set lowering their overall cost even more. The amarays are surrounded with cardboard wall like structure to keep it all tight but I noticed you can take that card out easily. It then frees up more room. It's possible to then put in other cases, stuff, etc. if one wanted to store diff editions inside.

Actually like 150 pounds more or like $205 more then the USA for pin, art cards, mini poster. USA has the booklet and comes with a Blu-ray set. Which if one only wants 4k they could sell on the BD set lowering their overall cost even more. The amarays are surrounded with cardboard wall like structure to keep it all tight but I noticed you can take that card out easily. It then frees up more room. It's possible to then put in other cases, stuff, etc. if one wanted to store diff editions inside.

Yeah, it's much more expensive, but the US version is missing 8 bonus Blu-rays, initially included in those awesome Ultimate editions from 2009+.
Still consider them the best, for digipacks and hardcover booklets for each film. Hogwarts large digibook type edition was good too.
Selling a thick amaray with 8 BDs won't help much - it's around $20 brand new on Amazon.
Those that have previous editions better off buying a cheaper UHD disc set, if they need those.
This cardboard train is such an obvious cash-grab.

Yeah, it's much more expensive, but the US version is missing 8 bonus Blu-rays, initially included in those awesome Ultimate editions from 2009+.
Still consider them the best, for digipacks and hardcover booklets for each film. Hogwarts large digibook type edition was good too.
Selling a thick amaray with 8 BDs won't help much - it's around $20 brand new on Amazon.
Those that have previous editions better off buying a cheaper UHD disc set, if they need those.
This cardboard train is such an obvious cash-grab.
Anything released later without new content could be considered a cash grab. But as a collector of stuff well over a decade I can say that this could have been made much cheaper. ie. this is a nice build. Its nicely done. Not sure how many is made, so maybe one could wait and itll eventually get cheaper. But if they wanted to simply cheap it out I think the card would just have been a gloss and rivets on train wouldnt be embossed etc.

I know the BD set wouldnt fetch ya much ... just saying if someone didnt want/need could get a little bit back that way.

Reactions: Lenny Nero