jonnybobbytimmy

The Devil™
Premium Supporter
Nov 29, 2016
Germany
Release date: September 11, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon DE - Media Markt DE - Saturn DE
Price: €149.99
Notes: German titles, Matte box and matte Steelbooks with spotgloss on front.

Harry-Potter-4K-Steelbook-Complete-Collection-(16-Discs)-[4K-Ultra-HD-Blu-ray---Blu-ray].png
81z3FPSQMgL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Ah, there it was. I assume this is the same as the wronly listed Amazon.fr item. The price seems more right but still a very good price I would say. :)

7CA175B9-FE47-4DB6-8D5C-7D53F7246FEE.jpeg

59636EC6-BD8C-40E5-90AE-9DE2AAFB6E47.jpeg

Last edited:
Ah, so we're supposed to believe that WB has not allowed the inclusion of 4K discs in France but has in Germany :rolleyes:

Anyway, goes without saying - best Harry Potter steelbook art out there + cool shelf box + English language titles + confirmed UHD.

As haven't bought the previous UK HP steels yet will be waiting patiently for a tradewide UK release of this lovely International collection

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Maybe what they haven't approved is the 4k discs at that French price :LOL:
Are the English titles confirmed on the German steels?

Confronting the titles from the image to the german titles, it seems to me that the lettering and wording is closer to the english titles but I doubt that means much given that it is not definitive artwork plus I dunno but it feels strange to me that the ribbon with 4k on it which goeas around the shelf is totally in english, I would have expected at least that to be in german

Confronting the titles from the image to the german titles, it seems to me that the lettering and wording is closer to the english titles but I doubt that means much given that it is not definitive artwork plus I dunno but it feels strange to me that the ribbon with 4k on it which goeas around the shelf is totally in english, I would have expected at least that to be in german
Those photos are from the Amazon.fr listing, not the German one for which there are no photos yet on Amazon. Can’t be sure it’s accurate yet but really hope this new release with the box will be a worldwide release so that the steelbooks have English titles. :)

Since these steelbooks (or the actual French ones) don't look to be new, it would be easy to determine if they're going to have English or German text. Does a German version exist of these steelbooks? I've seen the French version but not a German one. Anybody know for sure?

Well according to Scanavo there exist 2-3 sets, a French version (this artwork pictured), the UK version which is just text, and an general/internationa? version which looks exactly like the UK version. No german version on site but I don't know how up to date their info is.
If that artwork is solely French, which according to Scanavo it is, then what are the English titles doing on there? And in the other thread I've already determined those are English titles, I'm sure of it.

According to the Blu-ray.com database, there is no steelbooks with these design already released in Germany. My guess is this set will be released in many countries, also UK, and new steelbooks with English titles will be made for these releases. With France you might not know though, seeing as they’ve done that design there with French titles they might use them again.

• Thanks
I am curious if the 4K version is really an improvement over the normal BD. For the first Potter movie as an example there are many negative responses for the 4K version at amazon.de

I am curious if the 4K version is really an improvement over the normal BD. For the first Potter movie as an example there are many negative responses for the 4K version at amazon.de
From bd.com:

Warner's 2160p, HEVC/H.265-encoded UHD of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone derives from a new 4K scan of the film's original camera negative, followed by extensive color correction and HDR encoding. The result is an image of exceptional detail and clarity, with new intensity in the many shadings of color in the environs in and around Hogwarts.

Reactions: Radagast
Does a German version exist of these steelbooks? I've seen the French version but not a German one. Anybody know for sure?
hermione-granger-answers-questions-in-class-in-harry-potter.gif
LOL

No previous German steelbooks w/ this "French artwork".

Previous German steelbook collection looks like ours in the UK ... except for the German text.
The collection did however come with a few excellent bonus items - to wit, a cool box to hold the 8 steels (although reportedly little stronger than the box our STAR TREK 1 - X UK steelbook collection came in) + a v. smart hardback book of "Artefacts" w/ English print + a couple of other items … and all for 130 Euros originally before rising to 150:-

EeJ1yp9.jpg

7r78Xnl.jpg
WgTYhPH.jpg
IY8civf.jpg
QDFgYI3.jpg
FStl7TP.jpg
x2Cj2pl.jpg
Yrihh9z.jpg
ONxkHFR.jpg

Harry_Potter_UCE_02-798x1024.jpg

As an example - live pic of one of the eight:-
Harry_Potter_UCE_37.jpg

Those photos are from the Amazon.fr listing, not the German one for which there are no photos yet on Amazon. Can’t be sure it’s accurate yet but really hope this new release with the box will be a worldwide release so that the steelbooks have English titles. :)
No my photos are from the Media Markt / Saturn website. Showing english titles, but it says TBA anyway.