イギリス
Release date: November 7, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €78.99 (Amazon) - €79.99 (FNAC)
Notes: NOT 4K and French titles on the spine[/b]

fU9d8lw.jpg

61WgsD9lSwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a 4K steelbook release for the franchise with this design anywhere?

The spines show the Ultra-HD logo, so even if these turn out to be standard Blu-rays, then where does the image come from?
Pretty safe to say that these will be released in this packaging elsewhere as well, including 4K. I think the best bet right now is that Amazon.fr used the wrong photos for this, but considering the photos exists means that this set will be released with 4K somewhere.

These steelbooks have already been released in France, all with french titles.
Description Cultura:
metal case including 8 Steelbook Blu-Ray movies (16 discs) and each steelbook includes: BD movie + bonus disc: "Harry Potter's World Design" (in 8 parts)
All the saga in 4K steelbook and metal box at 80 € it's just unreal, or so there is a big price error.

I get what you're saying, and yes, all the Harry Potter movies have had steelbooks using those designs. Except...

They didn't have the Ultra-HD logo on the spine like the image at the top of the page, and also had French text which these don't. I'm not saying that the image shown on Amazon.fr will be accurate upon release, but that still begs the question, where does this image come from? Is there a set like this somewhere in the world?

Would you not just order it anyway and cancel it before release date or if it turns out to be not what you want? You won't be charged until it ships in November anyway :confused:

Anyway, at the current price I think it pretty safe to assume 2 things.....

1) These won't be 4K

2) These are going to be the original French Steelbooks repackaged for a special promotional offer.

I would probably forget to cancel it, it has happened before lol

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Stuck in an order for now and will wait and see what materialises (all up in the air at the moment :wacky:). That display box does look awesome though :drool:

Maybe someone putting up the specs on Amazon.fr didn't put on their specs and misread the title "Harry Potter l'intégrale des 8 films - Edition limitée Steelbook - Le monde des Sorciers de J.K. (4K … cough, cough) Rowling - Blu-ray".

Joking aside:
- True that mock-ups don't always reflect the in-hand products

- True that there's no mention in print of 4K in any listing on any site offering this product

- True that these great designs have been used on 4K Amarays in The Americas …
1530801530623.png
1530801599250.png

- True that non-English text on the outer box indicates non-English text on the contents … classic recent example being the German HARRY POTTER collection … stands to reason that the reverse should be true …
1530802112731.png
1530802259382.png
1530802565312.png

Perversely both books included in this set are in English (same "Catalogue of Artefacts" book also included in The Wizard's Collection) …
1530803123662.png

- True that these designs have been used previously on steelbooks in France BUT sans 4K discs and sans shelf display unit / box.

Of course based on the evidence much too early to make any sensible conclusions - especially based on packshots that could be inaccurate - but anyway in keeping with tradition an opinion ought to be lodged:-
1) These steelbooks will have English language titles (to match the English language shelf / display box).

2) Considering the very reasonable price of the collection these steelbooks will only contain regular 1080p discs ...
The 4K + regular BD disc combo looking like an Amazon exclusive … which would explain why the steelbooks / box packshots at FNAC and Cultura do not have "ULTRA HD" on the spines and no 4K text on the display box.
I expect Amazon.fr to also stock the regular 1080p set for around the same price as the other retailers AND a 4K + BD set as an exclusive … but logically for more than 80 Euros.

3) These steelbooks will be available in The Americas, the UK and everywhere before Christmas thus making happy Harry Potter fans worldwide (even with the US title THE SORCERER'S STONE instead of the UK 's THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE).

In conclusion seems daft to re-release the same set in the same place w/ exactly the same specs . . .
1530806941916.png

Actually... it's basically Warner who specify the artwork to be uploaded at an Amazon listing. So.. I would go with the artwork.

Actually... it's basically Warner who specify the artwork to be uploaded at an Amazon listing. So.. I would go with the artwork.

I don't know about that to be honest.

Amazon.co.uk almost always starts off with the US cover art for the DC Comics animated movie line (no certificates etc.) before changing it nearer to the release date. Warner may well have supplied Amazon.fr with this image, but it doesn't mean it's set in (The Philosopher's) stone.

Pre-ordered just in case it ends up being 4k. Or, if the movie titles are in English, I'd keep it even if it's just regular blu-ray discs. I'll just have to keep an eye on it before it ships out.
If you look at the second picture on the product page....
770E618B-9714-402E-8721-89D7AE1463D4.jpeg

...and the steelbooks that were the 8 film series that sold last year (with these covers) were French-only titles on the covers.

Slapped in a pre order just in case.

Haven't been in this game that long but have always wondered why there haven't been any premium releases of these as yet.

Is it just that Warner won't allow it?

These look great, have always liked this artwork on the amaray’s in the US, never really cared for the last set edition, the original portrait ones are very good but quite expensive to find.
At this price worth it just for the steelbooks, no matter what’s inside.....

Haven't been in this game that long but have always wondered why there haven't been any premium releases of these as yet.

Is it just that Warner won't allow it?

Either that or it's just that the so-called premium retailers don't really see that as a smart investment when there are lower hanging fruits. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

Sad, not only that it's not 4k but also that they don't have plans for one either!! Consumers are obviously interested judging by this thread.

If it’s true, it’s nothing more than expected. Not to offend anyone, but it’s naive to think that this article and price was accurate when the amaray box set costs so much more. But given that these pictures of the 4K set exists, I’m going to believe that there are plans for one, most probably in the US at least.

I’m still interested in it though, if it has English steelbooks. But it probably won’t now.