イギリス
Release date: November 7, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €78.99 (Amazon) - €79.99 (FNAC)
Notes: NOT 4K and French titles on the spine[/b]

fU9d8lw.jpg

61WgsD9lSwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Amazon, it isn't charged until it's about to ship which in this case is toward the end of the year. Might as well pre-order now and you can use your usual Amazon account to sign in as well, making checkout easier, and can always cancel without being charged.

You can definitely assume that the German boxset will have German titles, as there has never been any HP release with English titles. They probably just used the other art of the boxset, because the German one isn't available yet.

IF this is to be an International release - and looks like it could well be what with it being the 20th Anniversary (1997/98) of the first time the first book was retailed in bookstores (October, 1998 in France) - and w/ simultaneous releases already announced for France and Germany - then the text on the steelbooks and outer box will be in English.

Based on the info, what can reasonably be assumed about this release?
1) 8 discs - or 16 discs "Nombre de disques : 16" according to Amazon.fr (2 discs per steelbook - 1 x BD Film + 1 x BD Extras).
2) France set too cheap to include 4K discs - considering the eight individual Amarays in box from last November is 150 approx. (80 quid in the UK tho) . . .
1533549625660.png

. . . and the upcoming new artwork 4K Amaray in France of the first film (w/ domestic title) is 30 Euros.
1533574757599.png

Last edited:
Really wish the first steel had Philosophers Stone. Would we expect any potential UK release of this to have different text on the steelbook?

some french stores are already showing Steelbooks with french titles, so if Warner gave them this image, titles could (should?) be in French

Not due a release till November so I don't imagine these new steelbooks are physically in the shops already . . .
. . . and like I mentioned previously, bonkers to release the exact same steelbooks from a year ago when the originals are still available from primary sellers . . . unless they've got a few thousand too many display shelves to offload.

Not due a release till November so I don't imagine these new steelbooks are physically in the shops already . . .
. . . and like I mentioned previously, bonkers to release the exact same steelbooks from a year ago when the originals are still available from primary sellers . . . unless they've got a few thousand too many display shelves to offload.

no one said they were physically in stores, but if Warner gave them the picture to display, that means something.

besides yes, many retailers still have the Steelbooks from previous wave in stock, so it could be a way to sell them more easily.

So...Is the only English art work currently available in Amazon.DE?
Nobody knows for sure yet which language the steelbooks will have. The German one seems quite secure to be with English titles though, with it being UHD and previously unreleased steelbook in Germany. I’m sure it will also pop up in either UK or US at one point.

I think the better buy is Amazon Germany. We know they are 4K, PLUS we are fairly certain the titles are in English.
The French is most likely blu ray with French titles. (Even if they end up being 4K, I would still bank on them having French titles.)

Last edited: