イギリス
Release date: November 7, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €78.99 (Amazon) - €79.99 (FNAC)
Notes: NOT 4K and French titles on the spine[/b]

fU9d8lw.jpg

61WgsD9lSwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think it would be 4k, not at that price, like I said Amazon.fr have the amaray boxset at double that price so it would be unbelievable, literally, that this 80€ boxset would be 4k. But we can all dream.
I don't even think the boxset's steelbooks will have English text. I've got my eye on them if they do though.

Either that or it's just that the so-called premium retailers don't really see that as a smart investment when there are lower hanging fruits. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

Surely the HP films would be huge sellers and a great line to start as once people had bought the first couple they'd kinda be stuck in to buying them all!!

Confirmed by Warner, no 4K (source steelbookpro):
"Warner France confirms that this Harry Potter steelbook case will not contain 4K blu-ray. It is therefore a visual error on amazon.fr. The price actually seemed too low to be true for 4K! In addition, no steelbook case 4K is planned for the moment."
Lol and just read amazon customer service said to a AT film-site it will be to 100% 4k. Amazon CS at it finest :rofl::rofl::rofl:

@SlimJim24 @RhodW @Tacozilla @DMD4k

I don't wanna be the hope killer here, but again the english title shown on this image is from Amazon

other stores, like Cultura, are showing french titles

so maybe this boxset will be released in the US, as 4K (if so, more than likely more expansive), and Amazon is just using the same image.

View attachment 381822

If it is true that this boxset will be released in the US and it is also true that Amazon.fr may have posted the picture with english titles as an error, then where did the picture originated from? :confused:

I think Amazon will either honor it , or cancel orders later. I would say its wise to lock a pre-order in now.

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07F54P3JS/?tag=hidefnin0a-21
I don’t think Amazon will cancel but they probably can’t honor their 4K photo either. It seems France will get BD+BD bonus disc instead of 4K+BD such as Germany and probably some other countries. 4K isn’t mentioned and Fnac and Cultura says it’s BD + BD bonus. I can’t see anything other than Amazon having used the wrong photos.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Wreck
Amazon.fr very tardy w/ some ten days passed since WB confirmed no 4K discs in this steelbook collection … maybe time to adjust the OP and Amazon will follow suit.

Still, despite that hiccup, a few good things stand out about this release:-

1) English language print on the display shelf/outer box naturally leading to English language print on the steelbooks
1531676285377.png

2) Great artwork
3) Cool display shelf . . . particular bonus for fans of Harry Potter with their dedicated displays as all the steelbooks can be kept together in optimum condition.

1) English language print on the display shelf/outer box naturally leading to English language print on the steelbooks
I’m not convinced of that. The steelbooks in the photo where you can make out English titles have the UHD logo on the spine. Obviously this set will not have those steelbooks. Considering these designs have already been used in France with French titles, I can very well picture them just using those in this non-UHD set.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Of course I don't possess a crystal ball . . . nevertheless I'm 99.9% convinced that these will be newly printed steelbooks w/ English titles.
Why do I believe this:-

a) As stated above: the outer box, or as Scanavo puts it "the gorgeous steel library case", clearly has English print "COMPLETE 8 FILM COLLECTION" on the front which indicates to me that there will be English language print on the steelbooks as well . . . as is usually if not always the case.
Daft to have one language on the box and another on the steelbooks.
Recent example of that being the German boxed HP steelbook collection from a couple of years ago - German print on the box and on the steels.

b) These have already been released for the domestic market w/ French titles two years ago so unlikely to happen again - even with the addition of a cool box/shelf - especially as this is not just a release for France with this artwork like it was before.

c) These same steelbooks have already been announced for Germany (w/ 4K discs as we all know) and are likewise bound to have English language titles . . . and hopefully these same steelbooks will soon be announced for the UK and the US - another reason for uniform English language titles.
Just think if these steelbook sets are to be released internationally . . . each set with domestic titles EEK! I think not.

c) These same steelbooks have already been announced for Germany (w/ 4K discs as we all know) and are likewise bound to have English language titles . . . and hopefully these same steelbooks will soon be announced for the UK and the US - another reason for uniform English language titles.
Just think if these steelbook sets are to be released internationally . . . each set with domestic titles EEK! I think not.
Thing is that the German one and probably some other countries with 4K, will have the pictured steels with the UHD logo on the spine. This set won’t have the same steelbooks because of the UHD logo. Meaning they’d have to peoduce two sets of the steels with English titles, unless the UHD logo should turn out to be only a sticker.. Now, if this non-UHD set will be released in other countries than France, then I think it will be a new set of steelbooks with English titles and without the UHD logo. But if for some reason this France is the only country getting this set as a non-UHD, then I think they will just use the steelbooks they already have. I do hope they will be in English though, I don’t need 4K yet and this will probably have the 8-part bonus disc instead, and also half the price. :)

Thing is that the German one and probably some other countries with 4K, will have the pictured steels with the UHD logo on the spine. This set won’t have the same steelbooks because of the UHD logo. Meaning they’d have to peoduce two sets of the steels with English titles, unless the UHD logo should turn out to be only a sticker.. Now, if this non-UHD set will be released in other countries than France, then I think it will be a new set of steelbooks with English titles and without the UHD logo. But if for some reason this France is the only country getting this set as a non-UHD, then I think they will just use the steelbooks they already have. I do hope they will be in English though, I don’t need 4K yet and this will probably have the 8-part bonus disc instead, and also half the price. :)
I can't remember a single French SteelBook (that had the title in French) ever getting a re-release with the title in English. Especially using the same artwork.

I'm 99.9% sure these steelbooks will have French titles.

I don't think you should be focusing too much on the spines . . . which just have to be far easier to produce than the main body of the steelbooks with the art and the sometime 'bossing . . . spines which are after all just thin strips of metal glued to the plastic carcass . . . looking no different to those magnetic spine strips created by Drumass - an individual who I'm guessing doesn't have a steelbook manufacturing plant in his back garden ;)
Furthermore, I'm guessing spines are a LOT cheaper to produce with different logos than steelbook covers with different language titles.
Recent examples of steelbooks with the same art but different spines would include the first and second releases of the BLADE steelbook (UK) and the recent Australian Studio Ghibli steelbooks vs. the UK examples.

Anyway, waiting and watching to see how this turns out :)

The complete Harry Potter 4K box set is currently €89 at Zavvi.

At the minute they have 10% off that with code MM4K. Which would bring it right in line with the price of this steelbook set.

I'm just sayin' is all.......:coffee: