Harry Potter Dark Arts Collection (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: October 31, 2022 - May 29, 2023 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £169.99
Notes: SteelBooks have a matte finish and only include 4K discs, no Blu-ray discs
Previously an Amazon UK exclusive

E80A5823-51A5-4BEB-8A3E-D05A7C9F3EA2.jpeg

A4BEC961-E3F2-4F17-B6D4-B0E7E15F0573.jpeg

5DE91674-9CB5-4764-BED8-E7C2DC7A0F40.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
There won't be anything better, than those Ultimate editions with digipacks and hardcover booklets, but I'll get these just for the steelbooks.
With this Dark Arts release, one can wonder if we won't have a White/Noble Arts version with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Sirius, Dumbledore, Dobby and Mcgonagall

The first steelbooks with faces had all of those, except for McGonagall.

Reactions: Mararagan
The first steelbooks with faces had all of those, except for McGonagall.
The black Canadian ones, right? If these are spot gloss and have nice rear art, i think they could be better. Only real thing dragging them down is the "dark arts" at the top of each steel.

Reactions: Mararagan
The black Canadian ones, right? If these are spot gloss and have nice rear art, i think they could be better. Only real thing dragging them down is the "dark arts" at the top of each steel.
Yeah, those. I only got the first 6, somehow missed the last two, guess they sold out on preorders fast, which I didn't expect, and then were too expensive.
Another set would be more colorful for sure, but those are not bad, have clean back art, inner image, and are fully glossy.

Yeah, those. I only got the first 6, somehow missed the last two, guess they sold out on preorders fast, which I didn't expect, and then were too expensive.
Another set would be more colorful for sure, but those are not bad, have clean back art, inner image, and are fully glossy.
Yes they did have nice glossy finishes and good rear/interior art. A little OTT on the credits on the rear and I'm not a huge fan of one big face on the front of a steel either... star wars put me off that lol I've only got the blufans OAB and the hogwarts edition book currently, so I'm tempted by a decent steel set.

Awful

Basically the other ones but with the villains on, how...original I guess

I wish they just stuck with the poster art which something relating to the film as the back art.

Such a shame Drew Struzan never got to continue doing his posters after WB changed the head of advertising, imagine all the films but with his art, could have been something special.

The pins are kind of the most liked thing about it.

Reactions: samdavies
It doesn't, just the 4K discs. The entire set is also very dark, with washed out and low res images. Poor, streaky matte finishes too. Best part is the lovely pins. I've sent mine back.

What?!! But you said twice that you believed or expected this would include the Blu-ray discs. ;)

So it would be safe for me to remove the "2D" from the thread title?

They are matte? Lol

When are they going to give us proper releases of these? I’ve skipped every one of them so far

Reactions: GenPion
You’d think somone would want to do a premium of these. Just imagine how much they could make on 8 separate releases.
As long as it isn’t zeta. Don’t want all 8 at once each in leather bound one click boxes that would cost the same as 6 months rent that you can ONLY buy in OC form.

If anyone does do them they would need to stagger each release