Harry Potter Dark Arts Collection (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: October 31, 2022 - May 29, 2023 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £169.99
Notes: SteelBooks have a matte finish and only include 4K discs, no Blu-ray discs
Previously an Amazon UK exclusive

E80A5823-51A5-4BEB-8A3E-D05A7C9F3EA2.jpeg

A4BEC961-E3F2-4F17-B6D4-B0E7E15F0573.jpeg

5DE91674-9CB5-4764-BED8-E7C2DC7A0F40.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually quite like them. And the horcrux pins are a cool idea. And I still don’t own these in steel but that price is too much of a hit in one go. Maybe in a sale after Christmas.

However I don’t remember Doom being in the order of the Phoenix

Azkaban and deathly hallows 2 look the best

They'd have been better without the "dark arts" plastered on the top, looks odd. They're probably releasing them to go along with the dark arts season they have going on at WB studios tour in london Sep-Nov. That's a bit of a niche tie-in though..

I think they're better than the other recenr 4K set, but still prefer the canadian ones. I've popped an order in for the mo, but will probably cancel it later along the line.

Whoa, I was going to buy some cheap UHD set, and place discs in those French steelbooks with various items art on them, but these look better.
Only I don't get the need to have Dark Arts written on each, that's not the title of some series.
What's in the 9th steelbook?
Box doesn't look like it'll be with thick soft-touch dividers, like Game of Thrones was.

Reactions: samdavies
Whoa, I was going to buy some cheap UHD set, and place discs in those French steelbooks with various items art on them, but these look better.
Only I don't get the need to have Dark Arts written on each, that's not the title of some series.
What's in the 9th steelbook?
Box doesn't look like it'll be with thick soft-touch dividers, like Game of Thrones was.
9th steelbook has the pins in. Also, agree r.e the "dark arts' moniker. Odd.

This may or may not include Blu-ray discs. Twice in the listing it mentions only 8 discs.

• Number of discs ‏ : ‎ 8
I also expect to see the usual questions about whether this will have any new special features or whether it will include every special feature from every previous release (of course it won't).

This may or may not include Blu-ray discs. Twice in the listing it mentions only 8 discs.

• Number of discs ‏ : ‎ 8
I also expect to see the usual questions about whether this will have any new special features or whether it will include every special feature from every previous release (of course it won't).
The title isn't final and the the price is dodgy, so i expect it's an incomplete amazon listing. I'd expect it has bluray discs too, as i believe the recent wb steel set did. I'd be shocked if it has any other special features discs though, certainly not anything new.

Reactions: Stygian
Mixed feelings
I'll wait to see the back art to have a final opinion ! The pin's are actually a good idea and quite like them.
With this Dark Arts release, one can wonder if we won't have a White/Noble Arts version with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Sirius, Dumbledore, Dobby and Mcgonagall

Reactions: samdavies
Love the artwork but the price is really steep for just 4K discs and no bonus features. My hogwarts collection is much better for content.

Love the artwork but the price is really steep for just 4K discs and no bonus features. My hogwarts collection is much better for content.
I don't think it'll just be 4k discs, probably blu too, as per the last 4k wb steel collection. That is 160 too, so a fiver more for an extra steel, with 7 horcrux pins in, is decent value tbh.