Haze 'had a lot of development issues'

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Karl Hilton of developer Free Radical has admitted that the PlayStation 3’s tricky architecture caused more than a few headaches for the firm during the development of FPS Haze.

Hilton told website Develop that the game “had a lot of development issues which meant it wasn’t the game it should have been,” before admitting the team had to get over a few technical hurdles in order to get the game up and running on Sony’s console.

“A lot of them were technical issues,” he continued. The PS3 is a powerful machine but a difficult one to get the best out of. We spent more time trying get the game running properly and less time to design the game properly.”

That’s all in the past, though, with Free Radical having since gotten into financial difficulties, entering administration, and subsequently being assimilated into the Cryek fold, becoming Crytek UK.

“I don’t think we’ve seen the best out of the PS3 at all,” Hilton went on, “and I definitely think one of the best things about Crytek and the CryEngine is that we’re now in the best position to get the most out of the hardware.”

what's time splitters? and crysis looks dope

There are 3 timesplitter games each has some features that are similar..

Each have a map maker, but each edition the map maker became more powerful and offered new features..

The first one had a lack of any story the second concentrated on interesting missions and addition of single player mission creation to the editor, gaurds.. path nodes etc... also added new game modes.

When you played this you knew you got everything and the kitchen sink..
There was a game mode called Virus, in which one person is on fire when he touches also catches fire.. until no one is left un affected.

The third one added a full story with humerus dialogue and countless game modes, maps, more powerful editor with weather configurations.. I wont bother you with the list.

I'm pretty sure you have been hiding under a rock all this time. TimeSplitters is an awesome series with awesome gameplay with awesome multiplayer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TimeSplitters_%28series%29

:p Cheers Master Nerdkiller just remeber don't shoot of the flare.. -bweeh- oh great you just signaled the British attack.. :(

no rokcs man just aint heard of it i see popele talking about it and like it must aint been that good if i aint heard of it

That is a very interesting observation.
linky
Global Nintendo 9.0
Game Freaks 365 8.9
Game Force 9.6
Christ Centered Game Reviews 8.8
eToychest 9.0
GameCritics.com 8.5
GameCritics.com 6.5
Nintendojo 9.2
PC Magazine 10.0
GameSpy.com 9.0
GameSpot 8.7
GamePro 9.0
Electronic Gaming Monthly (pre-2008) no score
IGN.com 9.1

Others on the other hand disagree with you mostly.

I always heard of Timesplitters but never played it.

Thats very depressing. ;)

So no Robo Monkeys for Wreck :(

1110908600.jpg
1110908688.jpg
1110908691.jpg

1110908824.jpg
1110908823.jpg
1110908826.jpg

s52626jv002.jpg

s52623a5j93.jpg

s52622xynov.jpg

Timesplitters if you have not guessed the game takes place in multiple eras so you have weapons from several eras..

Dance Dance Dance Dance Like a monkey
Die Die Die Die like a monkey
Jump Jump Jump Jump like a monkey..
Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill like a monkey...

:hilarious: