[HDN Exclusive] Scanavo's Nick Coughlan talks the Mondo x SteelBook line

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Want to know what's happening with the Mondo x SteelBook line... how it came to be and where it's going? Head HERE now to check out HDN's exclusive interview with Scanavo Americas Sales and Marketing Director Nick Coughlan! :thumbs:

SDCCMondoXSteelBookDisplayHiDefNinja1.JPG

Last edited:
OMG!!!! BIG surprise/scoop there!!!!
Great interview, nice questions and a LOT of answers!!! Cool and refreshing!!!

Can't wait to see what will be showcased at Mondo Con!!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wreck
Want to know what's happening with the Mondo x SteelBook line... how it came to be and where it's going? Head HERE now to check out HDN's exclusive interview with Scanavo Americas Sales and Marketing Director Nick Coughlan! :thumbs:

View attachment 190339
AWESOME Read Ken! :thumbs:
Nightcrawler is #12??? :woot::OMG::wow:
:thumbs:

You heard it here first!

Many thanks to @tridon for the great investigative reporting!
Nightcrawler?! :OMG: SWEET! :cool: @tridon Great Job Sherlock Livitski! :woot: :D

@tridon
Nicely done interview Ken :thumbs: I'm assuming you knew Nightcrawler was #12 before the interview? :p
And he wants to see #100 in a few years? A FEW YEARS!??? I'm gonna have to stop collecting this line then :wow:

Reactions: tridon
;)

You figure, there's 15 coming out this first year alone. If they up that to 20 next year and so on, it won't take long at all to get to 100.
Yea, they are kinda going over the top now. 12 is a good number per year IMO. They shouldn't assume the trend will continue. The "rarity" aspect will disappear if they start releasing close to 20 steels per year. Collectors will get really picky on what they buy. We shall wait and see what they do...

Well you go to remember that not everyone is as crazy as us wanting all ... some cherry pick by title ... so even 100 titles in 3 years may only mean a NORMAL person only owns at most 20.

Of course I've never been known to being normal myself. ;)

@tridon
Nicely done interview Ken :thumbs: I'm assuming you knew Nightcrawler was #12 before the interview? :p
And he wants to see #100 in a few years? A FEW YEARS!??? I'm gonna have to stop collecting this line then :wow:

I hope they reach #100 next year! I can't get enough!

Well you go to remember that not everyone is as crazy as us wanting all ... some cherry pick by title ... so even 100 titles in 3 years may only mean a NORMAL person only owns at most 20.

Of course I've never been known to being normal myself. ;)
Lately, I've been trying to be that person who cherry picks but damn, its not working out so well. And it especially doesn't help when you're a fan of Mondo art in general.

I hope they reach #100 next year! I can't get enough!
Whatever floats your goat buddy :rofl:
Whatever+floats+your+goat_09138c_5611951.jpg

Reactions: JCC