tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
HDN Podcast.jpg

Episode 1 is finally here! Join @Wreck and myself as we chat about SteelBooks, what's currently in theaters, Mondo and various other art print companies, and much, much more!

Episode 1 also features 'The SteelBook Shakedown' -- a segment where we talk about what's at the top of the SteelBook section of the forum -- and 'Tridon Gets Wrecked' -- a segment where I interview the man himself and give you some insight into the world of HDN.

There's currently a few different ways to get the podcast: SoundCloud, iTunes, orYouTube

Give it a listen and then come back here and let us know what you liked and what you would like to hear the next time around! :thumbs:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-07-03 23.42.01.png
    Screenshot 2017-07-03 23.42.01.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 183,518
Last edited by a moderator:
THat is actually really good! Amadeus must be for tridon or someone cause i shamefully have not yet seen it and have owned it for close to 10 years. ( I have a problem)

THat is actually really good! Amadeus must be for tridon or someone cause i shamefully have not yet seen it and have owned it for close to 10 years. ( I have a problem)
I’m also guilty for never seeing it.
Holy sh*t! Really?!!
Well, make it a double feature with IMMORTAL BELOVED (the Bernard Rose/Gary Oldman jam on Beethoven).
Two fantastic films. (IB is not in the same league as Amadeus - but very very good. And Oldman is spectacular as always. The "Ode To Joy" sequence is so good - that hearing it will make you think of that sequence and not just Die Hard! After Paperhouse, Candyman and Immortal Beloved - Bernard Rose should have become an A lister...But then he did Anna Karenina, and.....kinda fell off the map.)

DA3DE9EF-5B51-424D-B6BE-08E719CC93EF.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Never enjoyed Amadeus. I watched it once a long time ago and got bored.
B6E0AB1B-FF6C-469E-B7A9-DCCFE956F1CD.gif
;)
Imagine the movies you hated as a teenager because they weren't in your wheelhouse yet.
Example: 2001: A Space Odyssey does not get a great reaction from 13 year olds.
When I was a teenager I Thought the Godfather was the longest, most boring movie ever....
You owe it to yourself to give it a second try! (Unless it is just a genre you don't like no matter what)

Last edited:
View attachment 411378;)
Imagine the movies you hated as a teenager because they weren't in your wheelhouse yet.
Example: 2001: A Space Odyssey does not get a great reaction from 13 year olds.
When I was a teenager I Thought the Godfather was the longest, most boring movie ever....
You owe it to yourself to give it a second try! (Unless it is just a genre you don't like no matter what)

Iloved the Godfather when I first watched it. Same with 2001 but not Amadeus. Maybe one day I will re-watch it.

Iloved the Godfather when I first watched it. Same with 2001 but not Amadeus. Maybe one day I will re-watch it.
That's all I'm saying!
I think every movie that is genuinely considered great by many - deserves a second chance.
Lord knows, we have all experienced watching films at the wrong time, or in the wrong mood and it just didn't work for us at the time.
This screws up my ability to ingest movies at fast clip - but generally, I will not watch a genre film I am not in the mood for.
If I watch a horror film when I'm not in the mood for a horror film - it's probably gonna skew how I feel about it, etc.
Also, we unfortunately (more than ever) have the outside forces telling us when something is great or not.
There is nothing worse (or more unfair) than turning on that hit movie that was praised to rafters - and watching it with an arms crossed "prove-it-to-me" disposition. (Or the opposite - "I hear your terrible").
You know - subconsciously these things will creep in....
And, lately - I will wait for a very long time to view. I wait until all the hype surrounding the film (good or bad) is gone from my mind.
Example: I only JUST watched Avengers: Infinity War.
It makes a difference being detached from the heat of the moment - good thing I dont suffer from FOMO when movies are released.
(Fear Of Missing Out):LOL:
But, I actually DO have a list of films I want to revisit because I feel I may have missed the boat, and missed something the first time around.
:thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: kryptonite