He-Man/ThunderCats [DC Comics]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Issue #1 on sale OCTOBER 5 • 32 pg, FC, 6-issue mini-series, $3.99 US each • RATED T

Full advance solicitation for issue #1:

Written by ROB DAVID and LLOYD GOLDFINE • Art and covers by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
Wraparound coloring book cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe team up with the ThunderCats—the epic crossover event you’ve waited thirty years to see! In his ever-living desire to destroy the mighty ThunderCats, Mumm-Ra quests for a weapon that can rival the legendary Sword of Omens: He-Man’s Sword of Power! But his dimension-spanning scheme kick starts a cataclysmic crisis that will embroil heroes and villains—Masters, Mutants and ThunderCats—in a mind-blowing six-part saga!

HeManThunderCats-promo-Freddie-E-Williams-II-1.jpg

From Newsarama:
This October, DC Comics will open its toybox and play with two juggernaut 1980s toy franchises with He-Man/Thundercats, a mini-series that brings the Masters of the Universe together with Thundercats.

The worlds of Eternia and Third Earth will collide when When the Thundercats' arch-enemy Mumm-Ra tries to seize He-Man's Sword of Power as a means of combatting Lion-O's Sword of Omens. The series written by Mattel Head Writer and Masters of the Universe Lead Creative Rob David and Supervising Producer Lloyd Goldfine with art by Freddie E. Williams II, who recently tackled another toy property in Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

"For everyone out there who took different action figures and teamed them up to take on the world, this one’s for you," David told Comic Book Resources. "Writing this crossover event is the thrill of a lifetime, and Rob and I can’t wait to get started...You don’t wait 30 years and not go big!" added Goldfine.

"The Power of Grayskull and the Great Eye of Thundera have aligned to make me the luckiest guy on all the earths!" said Williams. "He-Man and ThunderCats were my life when I was in grade school—family and friends knew I loved both cartoons so much. I used to pause episodes and draw from them, since they were so awesome. The He-Man/ThunderCats crossover is the fulfillment of a lifelong goal and my fanboy dream come true! I'm having a blast!"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-07-09 01.19.14.png
    Screenshot 2016-07-09 01.19.14.png
    154.3 KB · Views: 252
  • Thanks
Reactions: Asopp