Release date: June 8, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon.de
Price: €18.99

A1TK5u86EDL._SX342_.jpg

15837777_1_70.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
:hilarious: You can blame Google Chrome.
Edge showing this page:
  • Sprache: Deutsch (DTS-HD 5.1)
  • Untertitel: Deutsch

Google chrome showing this page:
  • Language: English (DTS-HD 5.1)
  • Subtitles: English

Is it any good?

Well if you like The raid, you will like this one. Brutal, violent and gory at times. The story is stupid though and the "dramatic" parts quite cheesy. If you're in for the fights, this is a sure bet.
But without english subs, you will not understand the dialogue (only small parts are in english)

Reactions: denizen
I only watched this a couple of weeks ago and yet I don't remember a thing about it.. only the memory of thinking it was nowhere near as good as I hoped it would be. Even seeing the the steel art I don't remember anything:confused:

..... I'm having flashes of memory, a beach scene.. some good fight sequences but overall forgettable.. I do really like the artwork but it really sucks to have to buy the film twice to get English subs:banghead:

well why would they? I bet there is no publisher for asian movies in the UK that includes german subtitles/audio aswell ;)

I would assume that they would guarantee more sales of their product if they included more subtitles for other countries.. at least more than just one or two when these types of releases are exclusive to one country. I've got at least 5 steelbook's I've bought from Germany that were not released elsewhere that I had to buy the uk blu ray for to replace the discs. I know nothing about it but how much would it cost to code in some more subtitles? If it's a lot of money then I can see why they wouldn't bother with it:)

@chunk I think collectors are a way smaller share of the market, then we assume for these release. So maybe its not expensive, but maybe also it wouldn't net more profit then keeping them that way.
Also if the same rightholder is in both countries, im pretty sure he would like to see it bought as Steelbook in Germany and as Amaray in the UK by the same person. Who knows :p

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
@chunk I think collectors are a way smaller share of the market, then we assume for these release. So maybe its not expensive, but maybe also it wouldn't net more profit then keeping them that way.
Also if the same rightholder is in both countries, im pretty sure he would like to see it bought as Steelbook in Germany and as Amaray in the UK by the same person. Who knows :p
I think you're right on all counts:thumbs:
It hasn't stopped me buying them so I guess they don't lose out either way.. it would just be great to not have to double dip. I've ordered this steel, I really like the artwork and I like collecting martial art film especially in steel so it's all good:joy:

Reactions: magnetic1
One month earlier actually (8TH JUNE 2017)

Choreography looks fast, frenetic, electric . . .
rNvofvyf3E7o4.gif

Original poster art for the steelbook .............................and the latest poster art for the U.K.Amaray :thumbs:

English speakers can buy the German steelbook and then pick up the U.K. Amaray - released at the same time - when the price comes down or there's a site such as this one . . . or . . .
http://watchcorn.com/watch-headshot-2016-english-subtitles/ which I believe can be used somehow (?)
173262_large.jpg

A few trailers banging around and this behind the scenes featurette:-

Last edited:
well why would they? I bet there is no publisher for asian movies in the UK that includes german subtitles/audio aswell ;)

Obviously. But you're missing the point mate. English is the universal language. Regardless of worldwide releases, English is always known to be the preferred language. I'm of Greek & German heritage yet still prefer English to be used.

I am not saying it cannot be an added extra but at least give people the choice.

Obviously. But you're missing the point mate. English is the universal language. Regardless of worldwide releases, English is always known to be the preferred language. I'm of Greek & German heritage yet still prefer English to be used.

I am not saying it cannot be an added extra but at least give people the choice.
I would buy if English. Shame