Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: May 9, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $8.18

Heat.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment has announced the Blu-ray Combo Pack (BD/Digital HD) and DVD releases of Michael Mann's
Heat: Director's Definitive Edition
. The press release does not mention it, but this disc will feature a new 4K remaster.

Extras will include:
  • NEW Academy Panel reuniting Mann, Pacino and De Niro and moderated by Christopher Nolan
  • NEW Toronto International Film Festival Q&A with Mann
  • Commentary by Michael Mann
  • The Making of Heat
  • True Crime
  • Crime Stories
  • Into the Fire
  • Pacino and De Niro: The Conversation
  • Return to the Scene of the Crime
  • Additional Footage - Deleted Scenes
    • Scene 5 - Season's starting early
    • Scene 42 - Nicest guy on the block
    • Scene 55 - Albert and Hanna (Alternate Take)
    • Scene 62 – Shakedown
    • Scene 76 - Murder in C-Block
    • Scene 96A - Let's Dance
    • Scene 125 - Late arrival
    • Scene 148/147 - Where's Anna?
    • Scene 177B - Double the worst trouble
    • Scene 191 - Nate delivers
    • Scene 204A - No response
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • Surprise of a Lifetime
  • Two Actors Collide
  • Closing In

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
Looks like theyve done away with the slip.

And replaced the stock image with the one for the bilingual Canadian edition. I now know the French title is Tension.
That is the weirdest thing ever. Like you said, that particular image is for the Canadian release. Why is it on Amazon US? :confused:

I was actually gonna place an order on the US site. So now this will not release with a slip?
@tridon @Wreck ?

I s
That is the weirdest thing ever. Like you said, that particular image is for the Canadian release. Why is it on Amazon US? :confused:

I was actually gonna place an order on the US site. So now this will not release with a slip?
@tridon @Wreck ?

I have this ordered too. I submitted a "product update" on the item page pointing this out. Perhaps someone can investigate.

I s

I have this ordered too. I submitted a "product update" on the item page pointing this out. Perhaps someone can investigate.
Thanks. Like @kryptonite said, the disc alone is worth the $8 with the new master + extras. But of course, a slip is what we are all here for :D

And if this was showing in Canada, i would've probably gone to see it. Too bad we dont get all the re-releases you guys get. (n)