Mediabook Heaven's Gate (Blu-Ray Mediabook) [Germany]

Manqu

Premium Supporter
Oct 29, 2014
Release Date March 23th 2018
Price
Purchase
Notes HD remastered (Criterion) (3 Disc Edition 2 Blu-Rays + 1 DVD)

Theatrical Version & Director´s Cut

26219190_10155430371018020_9145530372368667781_n.jpg

Reactions: bobino66
I would doubt it but don't let that put you off. I got the French pressing of Gun Crazy in which the discs are in a 220 page hardback book and it give me a chance to brush up on my french.

Picked up my copy today.
It's almost pointless to post more pictures after Capelight provided such nice images already, but here're some shots anyway.

02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 06.jpg
09.jpg 12.jpg 14.jpg 16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

If you want to see some other part of the MB in particular, let me know.

It's a beautiful release and maybe Capelight's finest so far!

I have just checked on both Blu rays and there are definitely optional german and english subs for main feature only. All the bonus materials which are on the Recut-Blu ray are with optional german subs only !! I did not check the subs on the DVD, but I suppose it should be the same as on the Blu-rays - main feature only. Anyway this edition is definitely worth to purchase not only for the marvellous mediabook (which would have been perfect with combined german/ english text), but especially for being uncut (comparing to UK version) and having all the bonus material on the Recut- Blu ray instead of DVD (spanish and UK version). I am still wondering how it was possible to add the essential documentary "Final Cut - the making and unmaking of Heaven's Gate..." on both the UK and spanish edition without any copyright issues and avoiding it for this reason on this one (official statement from Capelight). Also there is an extra on the spanish edition you cannot find anywhere else (Masterclass interview in Locarno, 120 minutes duration !!) - alas on DVD only. This and some additional extras which were available on the french Carlotta edition (some exclusive interviews and "The return to paradise" documentary) would have transformed this Capelight Mediabook into the shining All-time-world-wide- winner...