Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 23, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €23.66 €10.30

81AmfEC7nkL._SY550_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Collecta
Call of Darkness? That's a new one to me. The only other alt name I've heard is Rise of the Blood Queen.

TBC ... but at least the stance is not unfamiliar as far as steelbook art goes:-
1553375608294.png
1553375658797.png

As for the title: much prefer the working title RISE OF THE BLOOD QUEEN

Last edited:
A bit early for this isn't it? Rise of the Blood Queen is the title I had read.
There's no such thing as "early" nowadays mate... it wouldn't surprise me if in a year or two steel pre-orders start going live before they even start filming. :wacky:

Someone on Twitter reckoned they couldn't figure the embossing out -- both the character and title are bossed, so it's quite simple really lol.

Call of Darkness is the German title
I'm aware of that now bud. :thumbs:

@Noodles concept rocks I'd buy that straight away :thumbs:
Thanks a lot dude! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Here's my concept (with "confusing" embossing :p) by the way...

View attachment 417773
This design is WIN.

This film for me will be low on my list of superhero movies and i'll watch it but i'm putting it aside as far as collecting a premium steelbook goes. However, this kinda film and its presentation is perfect for a steelbook... if done right!
Very simple design, simple colours and both tie in with the films title - 'Hellboy'.
The character on the steel, the colours of hell all over the steel, its punchy, eye-catching, in your face and with embossing and gloss this design would be an absolute winner! Its clear to see where the embossing would be and it would stand out so much. Bravo @Noodles you never fail to impress and its so disappointing sometimes when I see your concepts and then see actual results.

Reactions: Noodles
This design is WIN.

This film for me will be low on my list of superhero movies and i'll watch it but i'm putting it aside as far as collecting a premium steelbook goes. However, this kinda film and its presentation is perfect for a steelbook... if done right!
Very simple design, simple colours and both tie in with the films title - 'Hellboy'.
The character on the steel, the colours of hell all over the steel, its punchy, eye-catching, in your face and with embossing and gloss this design would be an absolute winner! Its clear to see where the embossing would be and it would stand out so much. Bravo @Noodles you never fail to impress and its so disappointing sometimes when I see your concepts and then see actual results.
Thanks for the kind words mate. Much appreciated! :)

It's not really a film I'm desperate to see either to be honest, but if the steel is nice enough, then I'll purchase one for sure.

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
HELLBOY Reviews Are Scathing; Reboot Referred To As "One Of The Worst Comic Book Movies Ever Made"

the-fantastic-four-553923d63a26f (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost Rider 1 in that list? Lol

Shame as I had high hopes for the hellboy reboot.

Same here bud. There were some issues between director and producers on production. Every time producers stick their noses into creative process, we get movies like Fantastic 4 (reboot) and now Hellboy. I personally haven't seen the movie yet, definitely gonna check it out later this week or next.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Same here bud. There were some issues between director and producers on production. Every time producers stick their noses into creative process, we get movies like Fantastic 4 (reboot) and now Hellboy. I personally haven't seen the movie yet, definitely gonna check it out later this week or next.
Just read a review and it's not sounding too good at the moment but I like you make up my own mind so will still be watching as well.
To hell with the critics! :giggle: