Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Hellboy (2019)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Neil Marshall

Release: 2019-01-11

Plot: Hellboy comes to England, where he must defeat Nimue, Merlin's consort and the Blood Queen. But their battle will bring about the end of the world, a fate he desperately tries to turn away.

I was up for this, but that trailer has me feeling a little "meh" about the whole thing now. Harbour definitely has the look and sound of Hellboy, but he doesn't quite have the movements down IMO... Perlman had more of a cool/tough guy swagger to him. That's a very minor thing though and is barely worth mentioning to be fair lol. My main gripe, however, is the fact that all in all it just looks more of the same, which begs the question... why the reboot if they're not going for something completely different?

As @Noodles said, I watched this trailer and I think it looks fun, but I was under the impression that Mignola said no to del Toro and Perlman because he wanted to take the series in a new, darker direction. The tone of this trailer is nearly identical to del Toro's two films. Why bother with a reboot when everything is looking the same? Should've just made Hellboy III.

And I agree, @C.C. 95. The sub-title should've definitely staying on this.

I wonder how Perlman is feeling about this? Bearing in mind he’s been pestering GDT for ever to make number 3.

TBH I’m gonna have a hard time seeing any one else as Hellboy. But I will give it a shot. If there’s no cigar chomping grumpy red man in this reboot, then Mignola can go to hell. “Pamcakes” and cigars maketh the (Red) man.

As @Noodles said, I watched this trailer and I think it looks fun, but I was under the impression that Mignola said no to del Toro and Perlman because he wanted to take the series in a new, darker direction. The tone of this trailer is nearly identical to del Toro's two films. Why bother with a reboot when everything is looking the same? Should've just made Hellboy III.

And I agree, @C.C. 95. The sub-title should've definitely staying on this.
This trend of doing reboots with exactly the same title needs to stop.
(I'm Looking directly at you HALLOWEEN !!!)
8D9EDCB7-1F77-4082-B80F-836335CD5C7C.gif

Last edited:
I wonder how Perlman is feeling about this? Bearing in mind he’s been pestering GDT for ever to make number 3.

TBH I’m gonna have a hard time seeing any one else as Hellboy. But I will give it a shot. If there’s no cigar chomping grumpy red man in this reboot, then Mignola can go to hell. “Pamcakes” and cigars maketh the (Red) man.
He also doesn't look the right shade of red. And the scars they put on his face looks like he has a bad makeup job or is peeling from sunburn.

This trend of doing reboots with exactly the same title needs to stop.
(I'm Looking directly at you HALLOWEEN !!!)
View attachment 406950

Reboots having the same title, as annoying as that is, kinda makes sense. Sequels having the same time make absolutely zero sense (Halloween).

And I'm unsure about the make-up in this Hellboy film, too. There's a crazy amount of prosthetics on Harbour's face. It looks like he has botox and can hardly show any emotions... which is weird because Harbour kinda has a similar facial structure to Perlman, so why completely hide it under prosthetics? If you look at del Toro's Hellboy, you can still tell that's Perlman. With this, I can't tell that's Harbour at all until he starts talking.

It's disrespectful to call this movie Hellboy. There already is a movie called Hellboy by Guilllermo Del Toro.
Put the subtitle back or GTFO.

Kind of agree, but then again there is King Kong and King Kong etc ...