Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Hellboy (2019)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Neil Marshall

Release: 2019-01-11

Plot: Hellboy comes to England, where he must defeat Nimue, Merlin's consort and the Blood Queen. But their battle will bring about the end of the world, a fate he desperately tries to turn away.

giphy.gif

I don't understand.
What made Hellboy great was GDT and that cast. I was interested in seeing Hellboy 3. An epic conclusion to the trilogy.
Not a reboot.

While I like David Harbour, I have a hard time picturing him in the role. This just seems wrong.

I think because the potential to sequel-ise the first two is a little old now, the movie company probably thought it a better idea to reboot it. Get bigger numbers interested. Simply because it can go in any direction now and isn't limited to the previous series.

We don't all agree but I'm also not surprised.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I dont know what Hellboy will be like without GDT or Ron Pearlman, but i love Hellboy. So something is better than nothing.
May be something like the Marvel movies? Well, it's rated R, so there's hope. ;)

• Thanks
Like everyone else, I would've preferred a third and final film from GDL to wrap things up, and THEN move on to a reboot. But oh well, I'll take whatever I can get at this point, and I think David Harbour will make a great Hellboy... plus, R rated!? :woot:

I honestly don't know what to think of this :sorry:... I'm heartbroken that we'll never see part 3 with GDT and Perlman. But I am somewhat curious what an R rated HELLBOY will look like, and from the director of The Descent, sounds/reads promising...

:watch:
giphy.gif

I don't understand.
What made Hellboy great was GDT and that cast. I was interested in seeing Hellboy 3. An epic conclusion to the trilogy.
Not a reboot.

While I like David Harbour, I have a hard time picturing him in the role. This just seems wrong.
@kaw LOL! :hilarious: I love your gif reaction! :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and tridon
Looks like Stranger Things really put Harbour on the map. He was very close to getting the role of Cable in Deadpool 2.
Its possible he was deciding between the two roles and chose this instead? ...or when they picked Brolin over him he was free to say yes to this?

I hope he does a good job. Its going to be hard to top Perlman.
But I've decided to wish this project the best. Lets hope we get a kick ass Hellboy movie. Bring it on.

• Thanks
Damn!

I'm upset and confused

Pearlman is hellboy. End of

I was talking to mate yesterday about stranger things and I said to him I don't love it like everyone else. He went mad at me (lol true) and asked me why and I boiled it down to him (harbour)!
So this has annoyed me a little

Good to hear it's going to be r rated but I'm not sure I can watch it without pearlman! :(

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and MGD
Ian McShane Joins Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen
IANMCBROOM.jpg

Source: ComingSoon
The Hollywood Reporter brings word that the first addition to the Hellboy reboot cast is Ian McShane (Deadwood, American Gods), who is set to play Hellboy’s adoptive father, Professor Trevor Bruttenholm (aka Professor Broom). The late John Hurt previously played the role in Guillermo del Toro’s two films.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and tridon
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database