Hello From Australia

Sep 10, 2018
Hi,
Names Dave (08IWN) 36 years old massive love for movies found the page through constantant searching through instagram/Youtube looking up steelbooks and seeing if im the only one who still likes to buy and collect bluray movies even though all my mates tell me im crazy with all the streaming thats happening now.
Ive been collecting for ever i have no official count "yet' but well over 500 DVD that now sit in plastic tubes (should i sell?) i have like all of us i assume moved onto Bluray and now oh boy 4k haha even though i dont have a 4k tv. I think im chipping into 500 Blurays at the moment ill get official count soon just moved house :) P.S i also collect B grade Ninja movies on VHS tape how Ironic with the forum name. hehehe
I always buy steelbooks of the main movies like marvel star wars etc i didnt know there were peeps out there that collect so hard core untill i started searching. i have found zavvi site and just bought big trouble in little china and now i think im going down the rabbit hole. haha.

Anyway would be cool to chat to people maybe help me find some good sites to buy steels from i suppose i need UK or region free so i can play on my player.
Hit list for steels,
Drive, predator, many more i assume when i go down this rabbit hole haha.
@Sigill @Noodles @digitalbabe

Reactions: Noodles and Sigill
Hi,
Names Dave (08IWN) 36 years old massive love for movies found the page through constantant searching through instagram/Youtube looking up steelbooks and seeing if im the only one who still likes to buy and collect bluray movies even though all my mates tell me im crazy with all the streaming thats happening now.
Ive been collecting for ever i have no official count "yet' but well over 500 DVD that now sit in plastic tubes (should i sell?) i have like all of us i assume moved onto Bluray and now oh boy 4k haha even though i dont have a 4k tv. I think im chipping into 500 Blurays at the moment ill get official count soon just moved house :) P.S i also collect B grade Ninja movies on VHS tape how Ironic with the forum name. hehehe
I always buy steelbooks of the main movies like marvel star wars etc i didnt know there were peeps out there that collect so hard core untill i started searching. i have found zavvi site and just bought big trouble in little china and now i think im going down the rabbit hole. haha.

Anyway would be cool to chat to people maybe help me find some good sites to buy steels from i suppose i need UK or region free so i can play on my player.
Hit list for steels,
Hi Dave, you are not alone mate! Plenty of like minded collectors here! You sound like you have a nice collection, there is a section where you can show pics of your collection if you want to. There’s lots of sites that sell Steelbooks and Collectors editions, a lot of them so ship worldwide too. If you have any specific questions feel free to pm me or one of the other mods and we can help you out.

A lot of Blu-rays are region free so you will be able to play them on your player. I believe Australia has region B players which is the same as the U.K. so you should be able to play UK discs ok. There’s plenty of Drive and Predator editions out there for you!:D Welcome to the forum!:)

Reactions: Noodles
Hi,

Hit list for steels,

Hey Dave, welcome to HDN! It's a pleasure to have you as part of our community. :thumbs:

You certainly came to the right place, as we're all passionate collectors of physical media here, so you should feel right at home! :D