Hello :)

Hey hi,

The canadian winter is coming so I must find refuge somewhere. I'm just a normal girl with a big interest in movies. Mainly interested in movies with a strong art direction^^ or a twisted script. Anyone has seen Santa Sangre ?

So long.
Ève
@Santa_Sangre Hello Eve and welcome to the one and ONLY, Hidef-Ninja! :cool: :thumbs: :)

WOW!!! :OMG: I saw this years ago in Mexico on a Greyhound bus, but I couldn't remember the name of the film! :banghead: THANKS for your introduction and name! :thumbs: Now I'm definitely ordering this from ebay :hungry:

Reactions: Santa_Sangre
@Santa_Sangre Hello Eve and welcome to the one and ONLY, Hidef-Ninja! :cool: :thumbs: :)

WOW!!! :OMG: I saw this years ago in Mexico on a Greyhound bus, but I couldn't remember the name of the film! :banghead: THANKS for your introduction and name! :thumbs: Now I'm definitely ordering this from ebay :hungry:

How come this movie was playing on a Greyhound bus ?? :ohno: EEK! haha

You ordered a slip cover ? This the version I have !

MKVfCXu.jpg

How come this movie was playing on a Greyhound bus ?? :ohno: EEK! haha

You ordered a slip cover ? This the version I have !

MKVfCXu.jpg
@Santa_Sangre LOL! :rofl: It was back in '94 (I think :p) and after an hour or so, the bus driver pulled over at a gas station and shut it off! :D I also wanted to watch it in its entirety but I could not remember the damn name of the film, so thanks again! :woot:

And I really like that DVD Edition you have! :drool: I'm hoping to get a bluray with a slipcover! :hungry: My HUNT begins! :watch: :thumbs:

Welcome @Santa_Sangre!
I remember the Jodorowsky film well. Roger Ebert loved that and always wrote about it. The old video box always stood out:
image.jpeg

It is available in blu ray form with the identical cover as your DVD edition (although there are talks of a Criterion version at some point). As for similar type films (beyond more of Jodorowsky), I would recommend any David Lynch, Dave McKean's film MIRRORMASK, Amir Kusterica's ARIZONA DREAM (starring Johnny Depp),
Tim Burton's BIG FISH, Tarsem Singh's THE FALL (and to a lesser extent, THE CELL)....
(I think I might have a hard time with SS again after seeing the Seinfeld episode about his girlfriend who had "Man Hands"...:rofl::LOL:!!!).

Last edited:
Hi Éve! Nice to have you here :) I guess I can't really make anything of your favourite movie, but as you may have noticed, others do. That's the beauty of this community, you always find someone who has what you need, knows the things you don't and helps you out. It's also pretty international and generally really friendly and helpful. :)

Enjoy being a(round) Ninja(s) - hopefully not only for that one winter... ;)

@C.C. 95 Oh thanks a lot for your suggestions!!! I've seen some of them but not the Mirrormask !!! I have to watch this, the visual is strong !

And yeah about this Seinfeld episode... haha
giphy.gif
Ha! You get it! :rofl::thumbs:
And MIRRORMASK is an overlooked classic. It is directed by Dave McKean who is responsible for the artwork for Neil Gaiman's books. (I edited the earlier post, where I mistakenly wrote that it was Directed by Matthew Vaughn- Vaughn did the great film STARDUST based on a Gaiman book). MIRRORMASK is a wonderful (and dark) riff on the Alice in Wonderland tale. The Imagery alone is worth the price of admission.
And look out for the cats. Don't let them see you are afraid!!
tumblr_m6q1ouRqBE1r0ik5uo1_500.gif

Oh, and I forgot- you MUST see Jean Pierre Jeunet and Marc Caro's THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN and DELICATESSEN. Both Masterpieces.
And of course any films by the Brothers Quay if you can find them.
And Jan Švankmajer's ALICE.

Last edited: