Hellooooo!!! :D

Jul 8, 2015
Hi, to anyone who reads these random intro posts~ ^^
I'm a noob not only here but to the whole steelbook collecting scene as well.
I've always wanted to build a nice Blu Ray collection and when I found out about steelbooks, they were just so beautiful that I HAD to start trying to find out how to acquire them.
Unfortunately, a lot of the steelbooks for movies I love are crazy insanely expensive.
Then I found out about group buys and such, so that's why I'm here ahaha
Any advice from any of the older and wiser folks would be much appreciated~

Welcome to the clan, spacegandalf! Great to have you with us, Mate.

Collecting steelbooks can be an expensive hobby but there are many ways to acquire affordable ones too.

Check out the price drops on various steelbooks by looking into the forum posts and you could end up with a steel (If you know what I mean) :hilarious:

Then participating in Group Buys or GB's can be useful if you cannot order a certain steelbook overseas due to restrictive shipping or limited supply etc..

Then you have the trade option. You can always host a trade for something you want against something another ninja might want.

Good luck, buddy!

Last edited:
Reactions: spacegandalf
Hi, to anyone who reads these random intro posts~ ^^
I'm a noob not only here but to the whole steelbook collecting scene as well.
I've always wanted to build a nice Blu Ray collection and when I found out about steelbooks, they were just so beautiful that I HAD to start trying to find out how to acquire them.
Unfortunately, a lot of the steelbooks for movies I love are crazy insanely expensive.
Then I found out about group buys and such, so that's why I'm here ahaha
Any advice from any of the older and wiser folks would be much appreciated~

Welcome, SpaceGandalf. You shall pass! :thumbs:
@Noodles "You shall pass!" LOL! :joy: :p

@spacegandalf It's very interesting to see what you'll find when you sometimes put 2 words that dont belong together on Google. ;) Your username is awesome so I just had to search it and this is what came up! LOL! :hilarious:
spacegandalf.jpg

Now, WELCOME to HDN buddy! :thumbs: :D Great intro and I hope you enjoy your time here with us! :cool:

@Noodles "You shall pass!" LOL! :joy: :p

@spacegandalf It's very interesting to see what you'll find when you sometimes put 2 words that dont belong together on Google. ;) Your username is awesome so I just had to search it and this is what came up! LOL! :hilarious:
View attachment 173028

Now, WELCOME to HDN buddy! :thumbs: :D Great intro and I hope you enjoy your time here with us! :cool:

LOL XD
Thank you all for the warm welcomes and the beautiful pic!!! :p

Check out the price drops on various steelbooks by looking into the forum posts and you could end up with a steel (If you know what I mean) :hilarious:

Do you have any advice on knowing what price is reasonable? I have no clue how much is too much to pay. Of course, I am willing to pay for what it is worth as many steelbooks aren't easy to come by, but I feel like I could easily get ripped off due to my cluelessness. ^^;

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Hi Mate,

Well it depends on how much you deem affordable. If you see the basic prices of new releases, try to work on that. For example, If Zavvi have a release going for around 15 or 20 pounds and you see it for 5 or 10 pounds after a while, that is a good deal IMO.
Like recently they hosted a few price drops on some steels that have been on sale for a while and some deals were good.

Some exclusive releases can fetch up to around $50 such as Blufans releases. These are from China and very limited.

• Helpful Post
Do you have any advice on knowing what price is reasonable? I have no clue how much is too much to pay. Of course, I am willing to pay for what it is worth as many steelbooks aren't easy to come by, but I feel like I could easily get ripped off due to my cluelessness. ^^;
Welcome to the forum! We have a lot of very knowledgable members here who will be able to help you out with steelbook valuations. We also have a specific thread where you can ask for steelbook current values and people will be able to make sure you are paying a fair price and not getting ripped off!:)

• Helpful Post
Welcome to the forum! We have a lot of very knowledgable members here who will be able to help you out with steelbook valuations. We also have a specific thread where you can ask for steelbook current values and people will be able to make sure you are paying a fair price and not getting ripped off!:)

Ah, I have been looking around the forums for such a thread but I guess I must have missed it. ^^;