Help For Loose Discs

BluRayJunkie

Steelbooks Anonymous
Premium Supporter
Mar 23, 2010
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
So you just got a copy of some real nice steel you've wanted forever and you want to keep mint but the disc has come loose inside.

Can you fix it?
Does it devalue the steel?
Do you or can you return it?

What do YOU do?:angry:

I have noticed that any I have gotten are scratch free. Maybe the better quality surface on blus.

I HATE LOOSE DISCS! I just got Jackie Brown and it has one.

and if honest it does devalue it some imo. But im sure many folks arent honest and dont mention it as they can pawn it off when trading saying it happened during shipment.

I just open mine up tho, but if you're wanting it sealed and minty fresh then it sucks.

http://www.bluraysteelbooks.com/2009/09/how-to-fix-a-loose-disc-in-a-steelbook/

Last edited:
loose discs totally suck ass, but like you say, because blu-ray has a tougher surface I have yet to have one scratched. I open like 90% of my steels so I fix most the easy way. :)

I HATE LOOSE DISCS! I just got Jackie Brown and it has one.

<a href="http://bluraysteelbooks.com/2009/09/how-to-fix-a-loose-disc-in-a-steelbook/">Some can be fixed</a>, and if honest it does devalue it some imo. But im sure many folks arent honest and dont mention it as they can pawn it off when trading saying it happened during shipment.

Thanks Wreck, it worked for me!:oohyeah:

I hate loose discs! I can't bear to hear them rattling round so i have to open the Steel up. I haven't had any that were damaged because of Blu-rays coating but it is more the rattling sound that i can't do with. I do think it devalues the steelbook as well and would always mention if i was selling it!

Reactions: ChrisPatt
on 2 disc sets with a floater your just out of luck haha.

They can be fixed, it just needs loads of patience and catching it right. Probably fixed getting on for 20 floaters for me and my son, 2 of which were doubles. Don't fancy triples much though tbh.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

It doesnt bother me. Have had quite a lot like that both trades and group buys, never complained about it and think its rediculous to do so. The only way to avoid this is to buy from a shop.

They can be fixed, it just needs loads of patience and catching it right. Probably fixed getting on for 20 floaters for me and my son, 2 of which were doubles. Don't fancy triples much though tbh.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

How about meeting up. I'd bring all my floaters and buy you a shot for every one you fix :D

Eh, if I buy a SB, I'm going to open it anyway to watch it....just had an order from Amazon.de - 1 damaged case, and about 6 loose discs.....luckily none of the discs were scratched.

I didn't want to make a new thread, but would you guys consider a SteelBook that when you push the front of it in and it goes in and once you leave it... it comes back out, damaged ?

i have like 3 out of 4 from amazon.ca with loose disc but the steelbook is mint and still sealed :wtf:

i call them ratllers

Last edited:
Loose Disc

Just tried this on a single disc steelbook I received. It worked after about 20 attempts. Hopefully the blu ray did not get damaged more in the process of trying to seat it properly but for the moment I prefer to keep the steelbook sealed. The steelbook case itself looks fine.:cool: