HiDefNinja Store - SteelBook Retailer Thread

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
So I received my first order from the HDN store yesterday. :LOL::oohyeah:

Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2 (I've had IM3) and The Sandlot (not pictured)
6jyz.jpg

Shipping was fast, it was very well packaged. The amount of foam that I received would easily have been about 15 orders worth of Zavvi foam, maybe more.:thumbs:

The steelbooks were packaged in individual bubble mailers, inside of a smaller box that was surrounded by foam, inside the shipping box.

Definitely going to order from the store again. Hope they're not a fly-by-night operation ;)

Placed my second ever order with these guys recently. Super fast shipping, well packaged, and the steelbook was in great condition:
2yye.jpg

Here it is next to the VMB:
j0x8.jpg

The embossing on this looks amazing:
vw1r.jpg

I think this "Hi-Def Ninja Shop" may be around for a while and a good source for steelbooks and other deals.

Reactions: Aw 83
Have now found it possible to ship 6 stands international for old price of shipping 4.

http://shop.hidefninja.com/index.php/steelbook-display-stand.html

6 stands shipped for $86.95 - These have great resale and trade value. ;)

Hey Wreck, is there any chance HDN would start carry steelshell type protective sleeves? There's certainly a recent trend of people wanting them (I've seen at least).

Ordering from some suppliers is a tedious, having to wait 1-2 months for German shipping to work it's way through (though a quality product).

Maybe even get a little www.hidefninja.com custom printed on them (Kimchi style)

Last edited:
Between now and October 1st, get 10% off all items in stock at the HiDefNinja store!

All items are eligible!

This is a ONE TIME USE CODE, and you MUST be logged in to the HDN SHOP prior to using it!

After adding your items to the cart, use this code to get your 10% off

FALLSPECTACULAR

Reactions: Hooch
See attached image as an example of how to apply the coupon code (and you have to be logged in to your store account first!)

Thanks

Screen Shot 2014-09-27 at 4.57.47 AM.png

HDN has the potential to become even GREATER than those other companies. Why? because HDN has a voice, US! We all come on here and converse about making things better with other releases (picking artwork, titles, etc.) it just makes more sense for US to be the ones releasing them since WE are those ones basically making the blueprints for their releases. I've been a member here for a very long time now and I'm glad to see we are finally getting ready to suit up and show the steelbook collectors and other sites what we're made of!!

HDN is the TRUE "Home of Steelbooks"

I realize every Ninja will attempt to assassinate me for saying this, but if HDN wants to seriously compete with PA and Nova, they're gonna have to drop the cartoon ninja from the packaging, especially the spine. The Black Label logo is pretty cool, though.

Reactions: PunkNinja
I think we have the potential to release premium, exclusive steelbooks like the Asian retailers do. But here's the thing -- HDN, for the purposes of being a retailer / organization, is based in the US. The way studios market and distribute their movies is entirely different here than in China, Japan, etc. There're no "big-box retailers" there... what I mean is there're no Targets or Best Buys in those countries. It's just different how home entertainment is run here in the US. However, we do have potential. With small, specific retailers like Mondo (compared to BBY or Target), who license music, graphics, and other media, there's also potential for HDN to gain prominence and approval from studios for exclusive products. In our case, that's steelbooks ;)

Reactions: PunkNinja
I realize every Ninja will attempt to assassinate me for saying this, but if HDN wants to seriously compete with PA and Nova, they're gonna have to drop the cartoon ninja from the packaging, especially the spine. The Black Label logo is pretty cool, though.

Companies have logos ... that's ours. Just like how Nova and PA have theirs.

No need to assassinate you for your opinion. All respect around here.

And I respect that looking at your join date you haven't experienced a Ninja Week. Won't be long and you'll be like Franky ;) :p