High Tension - 20th Anniversary (4K + Blu-ray) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

Space Cadet

[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Release date: January 22, 2024
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99 (Second Sight - Amazon - HMV) - £40.99 (Zavvi)

16605_tn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Special Features
  • Dual format edition including both UHD and Blu-ray with main feature and bonus features on both discs
  • UHD presented in HDR10+ created by Second Sight Films and approved by Director Alexandre Aja
  • New audio commentary by Dr Lindsay Hallam
  • An Experiment in Suspense: a new interview with Alexandre Aja
  • The Man in the Shadows: a new interview with Writer Grégory Levasseur
  • The Darker the Better: an interview with Cinematographer Maxime Alexandre
  • The Great French Massacre: an interview with Special Effects Artist Giannetto De Rossi
  • Only the Brave: Alexandra Heller-Nicholas on High Tension
  • Archive 'Making of' featurette
  • Archive Interview with Cécile De France
  • Archive Interview with Maïwenn
  • Archive Interview with Philippe Nahon

Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by James Neal
  • 70-page book with new essays by Anna Bogutskaya, Prince Jackson, Stacie Ponder and Zoë Rose Smith
  • 6 collectors' art cards

Yeah, it’s great. Always thought there was no need for the ‘twist’ toward the end, but everything up to that point hits all the right notes.

Glad to see they got rid of the awful ‘Switchblade Romance’ title it was saddled with over here for this release as well.

Reactions: Billy Talent
It's so great because the editor include new bonus features that was not in the german mediabook.

it will my third edition for the great french horror movie ... it's been so long since we don't have an amazing and new horror movie in France

OP updated with other retailer links
Price corrected for Second Sight Store it's £39.99 for UK delivery address

If you based outside UK the price will change when you enter a EU delivery country as your vat rate is different to UK (The vat rate varies in each EU country)
Second Sight website remembers what delivery country you selected at checkout even if you did not complete an order and will use that next time you vist second site store website

If you enter UK as delivery country it will change to price for UK address or if you clear your web browser cache history it will default to UK delivery address price

Vat is removed from price at checkout if you enter your delivery country as USA

I created a screenshot comparison of both available 4K transfers!

Plaion Pictures Germany released Hight Tension (2003) last year on 4K coming with HDR10 and Dolby Vision.
Second Sight Films UK just released their 4K edition coming with a NEW HDR10+ transfer which was exclusively approved by director Alexandre Aja.

I have both of the releases in my collection and was curious, which transfer looks better.
Don´t get me wrong, Plaion Pictures Germany did an amazing job.

Nonetheless the new transfer Second Sight Films UK provided looks more natural to me.
In direct comparison, the Plaion Pictures transfer comes with too much blue which makes the picture look "too artificial" in some sections.

It´s all a question of personal taste and definitely also depends on your home cinema set up.

What´s more, the NEW interview with Alexandre Aja (about 38 minutes long) is absolutely worth the watch. It was exclusively recorded for this Second Sight Films release.

Crap quality control on my copy...
The j-card was worn on the corners down to white and the front of the J-card had white patches and worn areas...
Returned for refund as I don't think its worth the £40 price tag either....

Crap quality control on my copy...
The j-card was worn on the corners down to white and the front of the J-card had white patches and worn areas...
Returned for refund as I don't think its worth the £40 price tag either....

You wasn't supposed to open it, you know ... :naughty::rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: leelee17