Highlander (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (StudioCanal) [UK]

Sep 10, 2020
Release date: October 31, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £39.99

91d3tIIPfDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So there is no amaray inside? I was hoping to replace it with steelbook. But if it's digipack inside, it most likely won't fit.
The digipack usually takes up the whole width of the slip, you could fit 2 steelbooks with space left, but that's an unseemly thing to do.
Digipacks are superior to steelbooks.

Reactions: PracticingPat
Does anyone know if any of the bonus features from the 30th anniversary bluray are included? I read that the American release supposedly has these new features on the 4k disc and all the old features on the bluray disc, so if that's true I was wondering if this will be the same? I wish they were clearer about this sort of thing and say what is on each disc to let people make an informed choice when it comes to upgrading.

I ordered this from Zavvi months ago. Monday came and still no dispatch and turned out they didn't have one left. I cancelled and managed to get one from HMV which has now also sold out. Zavvi and Amazon take more orders than they can cover.

Reactions: djjez83
Is this film any good? It's one I never got round to seeing. Honest answers only please not rose tinted glasses ones ;-)
It's an excellent film. But it does have one flaw. The story is not in chronological order so the film tends to jump all over the place. My comment makes sense on viewing the film and for me it would flow better if the events in the film were in chronological order. It's a kind of Pulp Fiction in that respect but doesn't flow as well.

Reactions: crib79
It's an excellent film. But it does have one flaw. The story is not in chronological order so the film tends to jump all over the place. My comment makes sense on viewing the film and for me it would flow better if the events in the film were in chronological order. It's a kind of Pulp Fiction in that respect but doesn't flow as well.
It just keeps going back showing you some of his past life which has been very long considering he's stopped aging and the only way he can die is decapitation.

Is this film any good? It's one I never got round to seeing. Honest answers only please not rose tinted glasses ones ;-)
last time i re-watched it, i thought it had not aged too well. but it's still enjoyable, more so if you remember that Connery is supposed to be Spanish :LOL: and Lambert is supposed to be an actor. but it's a must see for Clancy Brown's performance as villain The Kurgan - superb. :thumbs:

There Can Be Only One Highlander GIF

last time i re-watched it, i thought it had not aged too well. but it's still enjoyable, more so if you remember that Connery is supposed to be Spanish :LOL: and Lambert is supposed to be an actor. but it's a must see for Clancy Brown's performance as villain The Kurgan - superb. :thumbs:

Oooh didnt realise Clancy was in it! Hes great. Def going to get it now.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
It just keeps going back showing you some of his past life which has been very long considering he's stopped aging and the only way he can die is decapitation.
But the narrative is disjointed so the segments don't flow into each other so you end up with a film that's more set pieces that a cohesive whole...

I ordered this from Zavvi months ago. Monday came and still no dispatch and turned out they didn't have one left. I cancelled and managed to get one from HMV which has now also sold out. Zavvi and Amazon take more orders than they can cover.
I'm still waiting on my copy from Zavvi. They did send me an email yesterday stating that there had been a minor delay with receiving their stock and it should be shipping soon so I'm happy to wait

Lambert is a French person who apparently at the time couldn't actually even speak English, he had to learn all his lines phonetically, playing a Scottish Clansman hahahahaha . I mean I hadn't seen the movie in sometime but wow is it an experience. Some of the fight scene editing is weird too, like the early one in the parking lot, like he rolls and then he seems to be running and the guy he fighting randomly flips off of a car for no reason and well. it certainly is entertaining.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
But the narrative is disjointed so the segments don't flow into each other so you end up with a film that's more set pieces that a cohesive whole...
You seriously still don't have yours? Like wow thats really bad. Of the 4 things I had coming last week this one shipped super fast. Between payment being taken and it shipping it took 3 hours I **** you not. I can't believe people still don't have them.

You seriously still don't have yours? Like wow thats really bad. Of the 4 things I had coming last week this one shipped super fast. Between payment being taken and it shipping it took 3 hours I **** you not. I can't believe people still don't have them.
I have my copy, arrived on time no problems.

I'm still waiting for it to be shipped from Amazon... :sorry:

Didn't like the 'historical' flashbacks, as I don't like fantasy as a whole, and was expecting a sci-fi film. So I prefer Highlander 2 actually.