Hines explains lack of BioShock/Oblivion bundle on PS3

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Earlier today, 2K and Bethesda announced the bundling of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and BioShock into a single package, with the Xbox 360 bundle costing $39.99 USD and the PC bundle costing $29.99.

This alone was not relevant news to our audience, except for one minor detail: both of these games came out for the PS3! Why, then, is there no PS3 bundle? We talked briefly with Pete Hines, Vice President of Public Relations and Marketing at Bethesda Softworks, about the topic.

?We co-published Oblivion with 2K on PC and 360 only," explained Hines. "We published the PS3 version ourselves in North America, and with Ubisoft in Europe.?

So, it?s not because 2K or Bethesda has anything against Sony or the PS3, it?s just that it would take much longer to work out the business agreements surrounding a PS3 version of the bundle. Both games came out much later for the PS3 than they did for the other two systems, which caused the differences in publishing details.

Hines did add, ?We can?t say we definitely won?t do this bundle in the future, but it?s just much more difficult and convoluted to do it for the PS3.?
________

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes sense, too bad the average gamer wont know this and just be pissed Heh.

Although it seems average gamers are 360 owners only :p

This guys post reasoning is also ridiculous. Do these guys think we're dumb. It would be too hard to discuss this with sony and work out a deal? Who care's anyways. I already have bioshock and don't want oblivion.

This guys post reasoning is also ridiculous. Do these guys think we're dumb. It would be too hard to discuss this with sony and work out a deal? Who care's anyways. I already have bioshock and don't want oblivion.

I have Oblivion GOTY and played it a bit. It's LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than marrowind. But the lack of trophies makes me not care.

That game is too large in scope to not have trophies. I just get lost randomly wandering around.
________

Last edited by a moderator: