United Kingdom
Release date:11th November 2013
Price: £165
Purchase link:
Amazon
Zavvi

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The set is awesome. But beware, the 16th film added, To Catch a Thief, seems to be an afterthought and does not have disc art to match the other 15 discs. And you get the ratings stickers on the discs pictured with clean artwork.

Are the cannisters metal?

Last edited:
Some differences with this second release

I understand but most of the contents in this new version (except for the 2 movies) are identical to the previous incarnation.

Strange thing that North By North West was missing in the 1st boxset released but its in this one.

Hitchcock marathon on A&E this morning @ 9am EST: Vertigo, Rear Window, Psycho, The Birds. I've got them set to record. This will help me decide whether to get this. I saw Rear Window years ago and was not impressed. I felt the same about Psycho. Don't know if I want this just for the packaging. Sure would like to know whether the canisters are metal.

Reactions: Real Steel
I was going to take the plunge for £99 in the lightning deal but looking at the pictures, although its a great looking set, I dont know where the hell Id put it... :dunno:

Exactly same problem! Now i feel bad for not going for the previous limited edition.Hoe i get hold of it some how.

@softandy thanks for comparison pics. :)

£120 on Amazon currently. Wish I didn't miss out on the Black Friday £99 deal. Oh well.

It's currently £110 at Zavvi... not sure I'd trust their packaging though. I imagine this set will drop to £100 or below again at some point anyway, so it MIGHT be worth holding off for a while.

Reactions: mrpitt
I WANT it, but not sure I NEED it. I'll wait for an impossible-to-ignore price, or I'll lose out when it goes OOS, either way I've saved money. I already own all the films on Dvd and a few on Blu-ray, so that might suffice.

Reactions: mrpitt