United Kingdom
Release date:11th November 2013
Price: £165
Purchase link:
Amazon
Zavvi

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I WANT it, but not sure I NEED it. I'll wait for an impossible-to-ignore price, or I'll lose out when it goes OOS, either way I've saved money. I already own all the films on Dvd and a few on Blu-ray, so that might suffice.

Have to agree with you there.

I couldn't risk this price with zavvi. They can't even get packaging for a 15£ steelbook right :D

They'd probably try and put this in a large Jiffy bag.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

I reckon this is a very strong candidate for the amazon seasonal sales.

You were spot on. I picked this up at amazon.co.uk for £95.

That price is a bit more like it! I'm not sure whether to pull the trigger or see if it goes a bit lower yet. I can't see this selling out anytime soon after the first release.

Same here mate... think I'm going to hold off a little longer. This is the third(?) time they've lowered the price since it's release just last month, so I'm guessing they're struggling to sell and want to shift them... if that's the case, then I expect yet another price drop at some point!

Reactions: Sigill
Same here mate... think I'm going to hold off a little longer. This is the third(?) time they've lowered the price since it's release just last month, so I'm guessing they're struggling to sell and want to shift them... if that's the case, then I expect yet another price drop at some point!

Hoping so. This and the Bond 50 wants on my top wants list

Wow. Just got to know about this set. So the studios are trying to make us double-dip yeah.

It's no big deal they added North by Northwest and To Catch A Thief. I'm much happier with the North by Northwest Digibook and love the gorgeous Slipcover of To Catch A Thief blu-ray.

Besides, there's no matching artwork on the To Catch A Thief disc here.

Also, this set is missing the Costume Shetches and the foldout Production Design Sketches from the Masterpiece Collection. I love those Costume Sketch Cards.

The film cans are nice though but are they metal? Won't do for me if they are plastic.

I might double-dip if the price comes to £50, but only if those film cans are metal.

That price is a bit more like it! I'm not sure whether to pull the trigger or see if it goes a bit lower yet. I can't see this selling out anytime soon after the first release.

Agreed. 60 odd and I'm in.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Oh and as people have been asking, are the canisters metal or plastic? If they are plastic I'll pass to and just stick with the first collection.

Last edited:
Agreed. 60 odd and I'm in.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Oh and as people have been asking, are the canisters metal or plastic? If they are plastic I'll pass to and just stick with the first collection.

Yeah, thanks to all here who posted the nice pics. Just need someone to tell us whether the canisters are metal or plastic. I will pass too if plastic.

Been that price since the 20th of December. A few of us with the other set are waiting for it to drop to the 60 odd mark before jumping in.

As a huge Hitchcock fan I must get it someday, but I'm in no hurry. I already have that "Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection" which is almost the same as this, but I don't know, those film tins and that Vertigo background look so damn seductive :D

Reactions: Spizz
£80 is £5 per film which is probably cheaper than buying the individual releases.

Without a doubt. And you are getting them in a handsome set. Besides these are Alfred Hitchcock's films worth triple the amount each. :)

The thing is most of us here already bought the earlier set which is in the book form. So it's hard to come out with another £80 for basically the same thing. ;)