United Kingdom
Release date:11th November 2013
Price: £165
Purchase link:
Amazon
Zavvi

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand but most of the contents in this new version (except for the 2 movies) are identical to the previous incarnation.

I'm not sure why they are releasing another set so soon. Even if the contents are slighty different this is a still a very expensive set for just 2 extra movies.

Reactions: ricster
£165 is pretty steep. But the packaging and those film cans are pretty cool and tempting.

Also available at Zavvi for £109.95.

I couldn't risk this price with zavvi. They can't even get packaging for a 15£ steelbook right :D

They'd probably try and put this in a large Jiffy bag.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

I reckon this is a very strong candidate for the amazon seasonal sales.

Ordered this, think the presentation is much better than the other release, love the rilm cans and I can actually see this selling out for around the zavvi price. EEK!

I was patiently waiting for the smaller sized boxset to drop to an irresistible price but this, with the Vertigo graphics and those film cans, is gorgeous.

If the price IS around the zavvi price heavy hints will be dropped with her indoors in the run up to Christmas.

Another picture from the Alfred Hitchcock facebook page :rolleyes:

1403016_391040117665230_290204313_o.jpg

Together with this message :LOL:
You asked, and we listened.

In just two weeks, Alfred Hitchcock: The Ultimate Filmmaker Collection will go on sale with a limited number of copies available world wide, including the previously missing ‘North by Northwest' and 'To Catch A Thief'! Pre-order yours here: http://amzn.to/1hfFEeK

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sigill
Haha yeah, I already got the first version of this with the book, so im fine. You can already buy the two new releases as single discs as well :p

The set does look good in hand. But I see no reason to buy it if you already own the previous release. It's a smart design, but it will also require more space. And the extras are the same.

Reactions: Real Steel