HMV Vinyl Week 2020 [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
VINYL WEEK IS BACK and coming in hot!

Not long to go now and today we have our FIRST reveal of some of the exclusive titles which will be available in-store on Saturday 15th August!

As ever, the exclusive titles will be available in hmv stores and are available on a first come, first served basis, so make sure you get down to your local hmv store nice and early!

We'll be revealing more exclusives over the next week so stay tuned but for now, find out more about the first exclusive titles coming to hmv Vinyl Week here.

This year we're also going to have a very very limited number of selected exclusives available online from 6pm on Saturday 15th August.
Where can I buy the exclusives?

Titles will be available in-store from Saturday 15th August from opening. All stores will have a limited quantity of all the exclusives which will be sold on a first-come first-served basis. Strictly no reservations. Please arrive in store early on Saturday 15th August to avoid disappointment. A very limited number of selected exclusives will also be available online from 6pm on Saturday 15th August.

How many can I buy?

A maximum of 1 unit per title per customer can be purchased. As an example, customers are able to buy one copy of each of the exclusive albums, but wouldn't be able to buy multiple copies of the same exclusive.

What happens if I miss out on the day?

The titles are very limited and will be sold on a first come first served basis. As well as the exclusives we will also have savings on selected titles.
md_2577744.jpg

Last edited:
Eels – Beautiful Freak

I2pDZNk.jpg

Eels mainman Mark Everett – better known to most simply as 'E' – had already released three albums under his own moniker before reinventing himself under the guise of his band Eels, but it proved to be a decision that brought him success with 1994 breakthrough album Beautiful Freak, which yielded several hits in tracks like 'Novocaine for the Soul' and 'Susan's House' and set the stage for one of the most prolific careers in the last few decades, with a further 12 albums under the Eels name and several other projects besides.

Beautiful Freak joins our line-up of limited editions for 2020 with a new repress on light blue vinyl with just 200 copies available.

The Rolling Stones – Between the Buttons

ihQfv62.jpg

Last but by no means least on our list of limited editions for this year is this somewhat overlooked 1967 album from The Rolling Stones, which may not be packed with as many hits as the others released in their early years, but it's still one of their more interesting albums in terms of experimentation and possibly the most psychedelic music they ever recorded.

Between the Buttons lands in stores along with all the other exclusives on Saturday August 15th and is available as a limited edition repress on turquoise vinyl, with only 350 copies available.

@Flloydo @Grendel The final batch has just been revealed ^

literally just see the email. Again if I was loaded I’d go For Marvin Gaye, Rolling Stones and Eels

I think I’ll just try for guardians and Bowie. If I have the spare cash which I highly doubt by Saturday

Great, they have everything online ready for 6pm except David Bowie let’s dance! Typical

Also HMVs prices are all over the place

the velvet underground - 1 disc is £27.99 but the 2 disc guardians soundtrack is £22.99

Cypress hill 1 disc is £29.99 and kings of Leon 6 track non coloured live album is £24.99 lol.

Weird pricing

Great, they have everything online ready for 6pm except David Bowie let’s dance! Typical

Also HMVs prices are all over the place

the velvet underground - 1 disc is £27.99 but the 2 disc guardians soundtrack is £22.99

Cypress hill 1 disc is £29.99 and kings of Leon 6 track non coloured live album is £24.99 lol.

Weird pricing
Hmm yeah, saw a few disappointed folks asking about Let's Dance on Twitter. Could weird pricing be due to limitation of each vinyl maybe... smaller run, higher price? Haven't checked the numbers myself and cba to lol.

Hmm yeah, saw a few disappointed folks asking about Let's Dance on Twitter. Could weird pricing be due to limitation of each vinyl maybe... smaller run, higher price? Haven't checked the numbers myself and cba to lol.

it was a sh!tstorm as you’ve probably seen on twitter

I had guardians 2 and velvet underground in my basket. All fine. Says this will stay in your basket for 80 minutes and the timer goes down. Then on the address page it crashed for 8/9 minutes. Finally get it working again about 10 past 6 and velvet had sold out. Was f**king fuming. Got guardians tho

then loads had the same issues with queen and kings of Leon etc (on twitter) but they kept coming back in stock. Velvet never did. Ridiculous. Moby and eels kept going in and out too. I know because I’ve watched it for hours

Bowie was the only one they never put online for some stupid f**king reason. They confirmed it on twitter. Stupid pr!cks

what’s annoying is all the stores were tweeting at the end of closure today saying all the rubbish like great day and we still have loads left and you can clearly see copies of Bowie still on shelves. Utterly useless of them and the fact their site can’t handle a bit of traffic is laughable. Terrible way of handling it all. Especially when I was told my items would be in my basket for 80 minutes. Stupid c**ts

Nah the prices on some of them are just sh!t

Also Bowie had one of the biggest print runs. It should of been online. Their just being tw@ts about it because it’s Bowie

it was a sh!tstorm as you’ve probably seen on twitter

I had guardians 2 and velvet underground in my basket. All fine. Says this will stay in your basket for 80 minutes and the timer goes down. Then on the address page it crashed for 8/9 minutes. Finally get it working again about 10 past 6 and velvet had sold out. Was f**king fuming. Got guardians tho

then loads had the same issues with queen and kings of Leon etc (on twitter) but they kept coming back in stock. Velvet never did. Ridiculous. Moby and eels kept going in and out too. I know because I’ve watched it for hours

Bowie was the only one they never put online for some stupid f**king reason. They confirmed it on twitter. Stupid pr!cks

what’s annoying is all the stores were tweeting at the end of closure today saying all the rubbish like great day and we still have loads left and you can clearly see copies of Bowie still on shelves. Utterly useless of them and the fact their site can’t handle a bit of traffic is laughable. Terrible way of handling it all. Especially when I was told my items would be in my basket for 80 minutes. Stupid c**ts

Nah the prices on some of them are just sh!t
I only saw a few tweets about Bowie's, but then I wasn't exactly searching for them... they just appeared on my timeline. It's a mad rush online every year because they can never seem to predict store sales and just end up with loads of unsold stock like you said... no doubt they'll put them up online sooner or later though, as they have in the past. So keep an eye out!

P.S. Calm down dear lol.

I only saw a few tweets about Bowie's, but then I wasn't exactly searching for them... they just appeared on my timeline. It's a mad rush online every year because they can never seem to predict store sales and just end up with loads of unsold stock like you said... no doubt they'll put them up online sooner or later though, as they have in the past. So keep an eye out!

P.S. Calm down dear lol.

they never go online On the day in the past. Only rarely, weeks sometimes months later, Only this year They put them online on the day because of Covid.

I won’t calm down. I’m f**king angry