HMV / Xtra-Vision - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK/Ireland]

This is a general thread to discuss your experiences with this retailer in regards to ordering and receiving Steelbooks. As of 8/29/2013, the site says they are working on improved website.

images

Important:

This store ships UK/IRELAND ONLY.

HMV UK : http://www.xtra-vision.co.uk/Search/Results?term=steelbook
HMV IRE: http://www.xtra-vision.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook OR http://www.hmv.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook

Typical example of packaging:
63qlg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was never impressed with the store. Poor staff and no bloody steelbooks ever........ I should have said the staff were never particularly helpful in any requests.

WOW. I knew it was only a matter of time. I always said it. The stores in Ireland were a joke. Never really gave their Blu Ray section the attention it needed.

I wonder will the Xtra-Vision and HMV websites go now also?

They should have their UK site ship worldwide as that the carries the exclusives. I think they're missing a trick there.......
HMV have replied to my question about the online store
The reply was
HMV Online will be continuing

Anybody else notice any shady goings on with Xtra-vison Ireland?

Yesterday I noticed a charge put on my credit card for €20.69 despite having NO outstanding orders with them. When you ring their phone number you are asked to pick 'option 2' for customer service. However you then get a 'the person you are ringing is not available' message and it goes back to the options part again. So you go around in a circle when you ring them.

Now I had to engage via email (which I'm not expecting a reply from seeing as they are shutting up shop any day now) and when I put forward my query there was a drop down box with options so I chose 'incorrect or unknown charge' as my problem. However, when I went to send the email I kept getting a flashing red text at the top asking me to pick a suitable option (which I had-unknown charge) I tried numerous times and the same thing keeps happening so I had to select a different (unrelated) option from the drop down box in order to send the mail in the end.

Something very shady about the whole thing which has me quite worried now..............

Anybody else notice any shady goings on with Xtra-vison Ireland?

Yesterday I noticed a charge put on my credit card for €20.69 despite having NO outstanding orders with them. When you ring their phone number you are asked to pick 'option 2' for customer service. However you then get a 'the person you are ringing is not available' message and it goes back to the options part again. So you go around in a circle when you ring them.

Now I had to engage via email (which I'm not expecting a reply from seeing as they are shutting up shop any day now) and when I put forward my query there was a drop down box with options so I chose 'incorrect or unknown charge' as my problem. However, when I went to send the email I kept getting a flashing red text at the top asking me to pick a suitable option (which I had-unknown charge) I tried numerous times and the same thing keeps happening so I had to select a different (unrelated) option from the drop down box in order to send the mail in the end.

Something very shady about the whole thing which has me quite worried now..............
Was it listed as XVMARKETPLACE IE
Have you purchased any other recent items from another Rep of Ireland based online store beside HMV/Xtra-vision
Reason is XVmarketplace handle distribution for a few other Irish retailers that operate on-line

Did you order anything in past 4 months from another Irish Online shop and got delivery but noticed your credit card was not charged

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Was it listed as XVMARKETPLACE IE
Have you purchased any other recent items from another Rep of Ireland based online store beside HMV/Xtra-vision
Reason is XVmarketplace handle distribution for a few other Irish retailers that operate on-line

Did you order anything in past 4 months from another Irish Online shop and got delivery but noticed your credit card was not charged
No, nothing like that Paul.

It shows up as XTRA VISION IE on my CC statement.

I did have Batman Vs Superman on pre-order but I cancelled it last week. That was the only Irish order I had. But the total didn't even match up as that was costing me just over €25.

Hmv Ireland is gone completely now in Rep Of Ireland

Hmv closed all stores back in 2016 in Rep of Ireland
They had kept it as website only

Hmv have now decided to shut down Hmv.ie website as of today April 8th 2018

https://www.independent.ie/business...op-in-ireland-as-website-closes-36784311.html

When you visit Hmv.ie you will see the following
Thank You for visiting hmv.ie
Apr 08 2018

tenor.gif

Here's lookin at you, kid. - Casablanca
We appreciate your custom over the years, however hmv.ie has now closed.
After years of operating in Ireland, we have made the difficult decision to shut down the hmv.ie website.
But don't worry! All orders placed will be fulfilled!
If you have placed an order online at hmv.ie, your order will be fulfilled. We are fulfilling all orders that have been placed before closure.
It has been an honour to share our passion for Movies and Music with you and wish you all the best in the future.
The hmv.ie Team

In regards to Xtra-Vision Ireland
Xtra-vision has changed to Xtra-vision express
Xtra-vision Xpress is DVD & Blu-ray rental vending machines which are in various locations across Ireland
They do not sell products to purchase and keep it's rental only

Ireland https://xtra-vision.ie/

Xtra-Vision UK has become
Taketimeout Entertainment

UK http://www.taketimeoutentertain.co.uk/

Last edited:
I've been in the Belfast store of HMV a few times and sometimes they do two for £15 deals on the Premium collection. Doesn't happen to often. They did it at Xmas and I must have picked up about 10 discs. i kind of lost it when I saw how cheap they were......

I've been in the Belfast store of HMV a few times and sometimes they do two for £15 deals on the Premium collection. Doesn't happen to often. They did it at Xmas and I must have picked up about 10 discs. i kind of lost it when I saw how cheap they were......

Yeah that order was around new year. There’s a few I want but I can wait...

I remember a while back HMV did 2 for £15 on their premium collection of blu-rays Anybody know if they have plans to do it again?
HMV's Premium Collection "2 for £15" promo happens (at least) twice a year - in July and December.

The collection was started on October 3, 2016 and now at over two years old has built up to 80 titles (and counting) at the rate of up to 4 per month - all in lovely matching slipcase packaging w/ selected goodies . . . collection includes some of the finest films ever made from the 1930s to the 2000s from some of the world's most revered directors . . . the vast majority making their UK Blu-ray debut.

Other collections are fine but this is the daddy.

Last edited:
Reactions: YellowCake