HMV / Xtra-Vision - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK/Ireland]

This is a general thread to discuss your experiences with this retailer in regards to ordering and receiving Steelbooks. As of 8/29/2013, the site says they are working on improved website.

images

Important:

This store ships UK/IRELAND ONLY.

HMV UK : http://www.xtra-vision.co.uk/Search/Results?term=steelbook
HMV IRE: http://www.xtra-vision.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook OR http://www.hmv.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook

Typical example of packaging:
63qlg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Website is still full of glitches, one , which I have told HMV about is the ability to order an unlimited number of items, say 9999999 of anything, even though it is know to have very limited stock (example the new Blade Runner Titans of Cult Steelbook) and go to check out...….it's still there, so could cause issues,

I did get an apology from Ian at HMV for the inconvenience caused, so at least they acknowledge the ongoing issues.

On a separate note my pre-order for SpiderMan has been despatched, I only found out after logging into my account to check the status. I have not received the usual despatch email from HMV, another glitch they really need to look into.

Also previous poster, they only charge when about to ship items, unless you pay by Paypal, in which you pay immediately.

tried few computers, osx, windows.... chrome, safari, mozilla... only works on old IE explorer. I think the latter ones introduced some privacy protection and hmv site does not like it.

tried few computers, osx, windows.... chrome, safari, mozilla... only works on old IE explorer. I think the latter ones introduced some privacy protection and hmv site does not like it.
Hmv website is working no issues on my Asus Windows 10 Pro PC
Using web browsers Edge/Internet Explorer/Chrome/Firefox

Make sure Windows 10 has all latest updates installed

Who is your ISP provider and what DNS settings you using

'' The retailer said its three stores which will close at the end of January are HMV Bury St Edmunds, Fopp Glasgow on Byres Road and HMV Nuneaton.

The company said it was also relocating in Lincoln and Plymouth, with new stores opening in both cities at the start of February''

• Informative
Reactions: GeoRattray
'' The retailer said its three stores which will close at the end of January are HMV Bury St Edmunds, Fopp Glasgow on Byres Road and HMV Nuneaton.

The company said it was also relocating in Lincoln and Plymouth, with new stores opening in both cities at the start of February''
There are also 10 other stores that may close if they don't get a new aggrement with landlords

These 10 stores are due to close later this month unless new deals can be agreed.

10 stores affected
Birmingham Bullring
Leeds Headrow (They still have a new store in St John’s Centre)
Bristol Cribbs,
Edinburgh Ocean Terminal
Glasgow Braehead
Grimsby
Merryhill
Reading
Sheffield Meadowhall
Worcester

I have to admit I've been very impressed with the Belfast store of late. Pretty much seem to have anything I want and their ordering service is good.

Shame, Bury St .Edmunds does pretty well and is a decent store for those who want / need it. Still doesn’t complete with on line prices as you would expect. They couldn’t find another suitable premises. It’s another retail loss.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
They closed the Sunrise stores in Canada as well.
Most high street retail shops will be closing apart from essential services

High street Business that will remain open will be Supermarkets/Banks/Post Offices/Chemists etc

Business that will remain operating will be mostly essential supply services food and pharmaceutical and transport services and national operated postal service and hospital and health services.

There will be on-line shopping but some will be putting piriorty towards essential products if required.

Rep of Ireland Members

If you use An Post AddressPal for HMV or any other UK retailers note the following changes that comes into affect from January 1st 2021

How it Works

From the 1st of January 2021 AddressPal is updating with more delivery options, offering you choice and flexibility. Click here for details.
From this date, all deliveries from the UK will cost €6.50 for items up to 20kg

AddressPal
January 2021 Update

Deliveries:
From January 1st 2021 deliveries from the UK are changing due to customs.
When shopping online use your Home Delivery AddressPal virtual address (see below for address examples).
From this date, your Post Office/Collection Point AddressPal virtual address can no longer be used when importing items.
However, once the parcel has been processed we will let you know by email or text and you will then have the option to redirect your parcel to any of the following:
  • A Post Office/Collection Point
  • A Parcel Locker
  • A neighbour
  • A safe place
  • Or select an alternative date for delivery
This will apply for UK and USA AddressPal items.
Payment details:
From January 1st 2021 payment for all AddressPal items must be taken from a Credit/Debit card that is saved on your AddressPal account. Without a valid card your parcel cannot be delivered. You will only be charged once we process your AddressPal deliveries.
Note: All UK items will be subject to Revenue customs rules from January 1st 2021.
If there are customs fees related to your item, you will be contacted with more information.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
How are HMV still charging £30 for Jumanji 2, terminator dark fate and Zombieland 2!? Also £35 for hellboy 2 and don’t look now lol. I think they need to sort their brains out and actually start dropping prices of steels like they would with standard Blu rays and DVDs. Seems like a p!ss take to me