Premium Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
Australia
Release Date: 6th October 2015
Purchase Link: amazon.ca
Price: $55.99

HOME_ALONE_25th_Anniversary_Collection_BD_moyen_150901081713.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm...$29.99 CAD (£15.01) is pretty much at the threshold for customs (assuming they don't factor in shipping charges)?

Not sure how custom charges work, personally ive never been hit with any when ordering from any amazon around the world.

Not sure how custom charges work, personally ive never been hit with any when ordering from any amazon around the world.
It's not the customs charges that are the killer, it's the handling fee. You get hit for 20% VAT which isn't so bad but then Royal Mail charge a £12 handling fee on top of that. I would rather pay the extra fees upfront than risk getting hit by customs!

Reactions: elle82
Oh I see. I think in 2 years, if not less, the Australia will start adding GST on for each overseas order we make, which is 10%. They hate that we buy overseas, so are basically getting punished for it.

Reactions: Sigill
Ive read in other threads where people have bit hit by crazy customs fees, complained to amazon and actually got the fees refunded because they were so high. Fingers crossed u wont get hit too hard, if at all!
Oh thanks for that. I didn't know Amazon sometimes refund the fees. I'll keep that in mind if i get charged. If i do, i doubt the fee would be too high anyway, with the order value being low. Good to know this though, thank you!

Oh thanks for that. I didn't know Amazon sometimes refund the fees. I'll keep that in mind if i get charged. If i do, i doubt the fee would be too high anyway, with the order value being low. Good to know this though, thank you!
I think it depends on the person who u talk to on live help or emails u back. Most are nice and helpful though! Some of the custom fees are outrageous from what I've read so they are nice enough to sometimes refund them.

Reactions: McLarenSteel
I've got stung before with customs charges on a single US Blu-ray that was about £12 when I ordered, but the price went up before it shipped, now taking it over the cut off point. Thinking I was below when I ordered, I didn't pay the fees upfront. I ended up paying 20% on the new price and the £12 handling fee on top. I complained to Amazon and on this one occasion they did refund me the charges. They said only on this one occasion though, so I wouldn't abuse this. With Amazon US, it is best to pay the fees upfront, then you avoid the handling fee at this end. Amazon Canada you don't get the option to pay upfront, so going to the UK, you would always get stung at this end.

Mine got shipped this morning!! Cant wait!!!! :woot::woot:
So you have this shipped I also have on pre order but I also have two other items in that order which are maybe out in week or two,did you just order this on its own?and do you mostly do that with these types of editions I'm starting to wonder if shipping three items same time is a good idea as may get damaged,what's your thoughts?im sure with other orders from other amazons they have sent it out regardless I just ordered them all to save on shipping