AZ, U.S.A
Released: February 28th, 2017
Platform: PS4
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

horizon ps4.jpg
Today at Sony's PlayStation E3 conference Guerrilla Games showed Horizon: Zero Dawn. The post-apocalypse game features a war between man and machine, with cybernetic wildlife on the roam against humans. Gameplay showed a young woman fighting mechanical beasts with a bow and arrow, as well as using enemy weapons against her foes.

"As Horizon Zero Dawn’s main protagonist Aloy, a skilled hunter, explore a vibrant and lush world inhabited by mysterious mechanized creatures. Embark on a compelling, emotional journey and unravel mysteries of tribal societies, ancient artifacts and advanced technologies that will determine the fate of this planet, and of life itself," the game's fact sheet says.

Amsterdam-based Guerrilla Games is best known for the PlayStation-exclusive Killzone series.

dduc2qg-bc381a90-9e6b-446a-a76c-41fd7a68a356.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
Ahh I couldnt get on with fallout, although I got very far with 3 but I need a bit more structure in a game. I don't like things where you can become one of 100 different warriors or wizards! Lol
Like Skyrim too. Just can't do em.

I'm really OCD and need to explore every inch and option and you can't do that with those games,

Whereas gta for example is perfect because you still follow a story, has side missions, epic open world, and can literally play to go on massacres or **** around lol
I understand what you're saying... I avoided them for the longest time because I had similar issues with those types of games, but then I tried Fallout 3 (years after it was released) and Skyrim and really enjoyed them both. Although I never actually completed either of them because I'm exactly the same as you... I like to explore EVERYTHING, so I eventually just wore out the fun factor for myself. Same goes for Fallout 4... I still haven't completed that one yet either, despite really enjoying it. Plus the "twist" has been ruined for me now anyway. :squint:

But yeah, you can't beat GTA! They're some of the funnest game out there, and I still jump on GTAV every so often, which is something I can't say I do with most other games. I suppose it helps that Rockstar constantly release free updates for it though, which is awesome! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I understand what you're saying... I avoided them for the longest time because I had similar issues with those types of games, but then I tried Fallout 3 (years after it was released) and Skyrim and really enjoyed them both. Although I never actually completed either of them because I'm exactly the same as you... I like to explore EVERYTHING, so I eventually just wore out the fun factor for myself. Same goes for Fallout 4... I still haven't completed that one yet either, despite really enjoying it. Plus the "twist" has been ruined for me now anyway. :squint:

But yeah, you can't beat GTA! They're some of the funnest game out there, and I still jump on GTAV every so often, which is something I can't say I do with most other games. I suppose it helps that Rockstar constantly release free updates for it though, which is awesome! :D

And the same with the last 2 batmans and this game is the same, also why I love the spidey games although haven't played the last one because I hear they f*cked with how you swing around

But open worlds like this and the other I mention are cool plus you build your skills up as you go along and this seems the same.

THis one does have bits where you can go one of three options with what you say at certain moments in the game and apprently some of them affect things later on which I can handle. For example as a lil girl she's get bullied by some kid and he throws a rock at her, you can decide to throw one back, throw one at his hand and knock the next rock out his hand or drop the rock and walk on - this affects the next time you meet him when your older. I threw one at his hand lol

I didn't compete it so I have no idea on the twist

Yeah I can jump in Gta whenever . It's why I kept my PS3 too lol

Trevor's the best character created IMO

Oh what updates? That for the ps4 version?

• Thanks
And the same with the last 2 batmans and this game is the same, also why I love the spidey games although haven't played the last one because I hear they f*cked with how you swing around

But open worlds like this and the other I mention are cool plus you build your skills up as you go along and this seems the same.

THis one does have bits where you can go one of three options with what you say at certain moments in the game and apprently some of them affect things later on which I can handle. For example as a lil girl she's get bullied by some kid and he throws a rock at her, you can decide to throw one back, throw one at his hand and knock the next rock out his hand or drop the rock and walk on - this affects the next time you meet him when your older. I threw one at his hand lol

I didn't compete it so I have no idea on the twist

Yeah I can jump in Gta whenever . It's why I kept my PS3 too lol

Trevor's the best character created IMO

Oh what updates? That for the ps4 version?
Aha noooo! I can't handle multiple choice in games either, because I want to know the outcome for everything lol. There's even been times when I've reloaded games at certain points just so I can try out all of the options. :wacky:

The twist isn't anything amazing, and to be fair I had an inkling from the start that it'd probably go in that sort of direction.

The PS4 version of GTA is worth picking up if you still play it quite a lot... especially for the updates, which are only available on PS4 by the way. I say they're free, but you still need loads of in-game currency to actually afford the new cars and stuff... nothing is ever free, as they say. :greedy:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Aha noooo! I can't handle multiple choice in games either, because I want to know the outcome for everything lol. There's even been times when I've reloaded games at certain points just so I can try out all of the options. :wacky:

The twist isn't anything amazing, and to be fair I had an inkling from the start that it'd probably go in that sort of direction.

The PS4 version of GTA is worth picking up if you still play it quite a lot... especially for the updates, which are only available on PS4 by the way. I say they're free, but you still need loads of in-game currency to actually afford the new cars and stuff... nothing is ever free, as they say. :greedy:

Ha I do same sometimes

It's like heavy rain, was killing me because it's like a f*cking goosebumps book and I couldn't kill anyone off because I had to know what the **** is happening lol

This isn't bad though, most the time it's dialogue and the other options are there after for you to say and ask. And if your clever and don't got straight to the "yea" or "no" then you hear it all. What I've noticed anyway

But apparently there are some where a desicion can affect ou later. I've played a couple of hours now and only had one of those

• Thanks
Ha I do same sometimes

It's like heavy rain, was killing me because it's like a f*cking goosebumps book and I couldn't kill anyone off because I had to know what the **** is happening lol

This isn't bad though, most the time it's dialogue and the other options are there after for you to say and ask. And if your clever and don't got straight to the "yea" or "no" then you hear it all. What I've noticed anyway

But apparently there are some where a desicion can affect ou later. I've played a couple of hours now and only had one of those
Ah man, Heavy Rain was the worst for doing that... lost count of how many time I played through that game. Loved it each time though... easily one of my favourite games!

Hmm that doesn't sound too bad then. I've come close to picking the game up a few times now, but I look at my current pile of unfinished games and realise it'd probably be a bad decision... plus I can't exactly afford to spend money on stuff like that at the moment. Chances are I'll pick it up sooner or later though!

Thanks for the info mate. :)

Source: DualShockers
HZD Complete Edition.jpg
Sony has announced through its PlayStation Europe branch that Horizon: Zero Dawn will be getting a “Complete Edition” release on December 5th, 2017 in North America and December 6th, 2017 in Europe, which will include the base game and the upcoming “The Frozen Wilds” expansion on one disc: the expansion itself will arrive one month before on November 7th, 2017 as a download. The “Complete Edition” of the game will run for $49.99, and will also feature all of the additional content from the game’s “Digital Deluxe Edition” back when it launched.

ok so I know am like beyond late to this game having only started it 2 days ago(finally got round to buying the Complete Edition on the days of play sale) and DAMN its a bloody good game

Finished the story y’day and damn it left me wanting more. Even before the lil cliffhanger-ish bit.

I still have a handful of collectibles to get, and the platium trophy, as well as the DLC but am already eager for a sequel game....

Total fun and a rare game World I want to revisit and stay in.

Only complaints are that some melee combat actions really sketchy as hell and tough to land despite aiming efforts - feels unresponsive at times. But everything else feels and moves great