AZ, U.S.A
Released: February 28th, 2017
Platform: PS4
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

horizon ps4.jpg
Today at Sony's PlayStation E3 conference Guerrilla Games showed Horizon: Zero Dawn. The post-apocalypse game features a war between man and machine, with cybernetic wildlife on the roam against humans. Gameplay showed a young woman fighting mechanical beasts with a bow and arrow, as well as using enemy weapons against her foes.

"As Horizon Zero Dawn’s main protagonist Aloy, a skilled hunter, explore a vibrant and lush world inhabited by mysterious mechanized creatures. Embark on a compelling, emotional journey and unravel mysteries of tribal societies, ancient artifacts and advanced technologies that will determine the fate of this planet, and of life itself," the game's fact sheet says.

Amsterdam-based Guerrilla Games is best known for the PlayStation-exclusive Killzone series.

dduc2qg-bc381a90-9e6b-446a-a76c-41fd7a68a356.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
Anyone get a Tomb Raider heavenly sword vibe from this game? I also see some Enslaved thrown in there. And why are all the games showed today have an Op Female lead?
That's exactly what I thought. Still looks pretty decent though! :D

:hilarious:

Of course you'll be treating yourself on your wife's birthday!
:p

Everytime I see more of Horizon, I feel like Guerrilla took Ninja Theory's Heavenly Sword and Enslaved and made a baby out of both.
@tridon LOL! :D

And I love Enslaved! :drool: One of the best games I've played on the PS3! :cool: Speaking of Ninja Theory, they have an upcoming game that looks awesome! I'll be creating a thread for it since I couldn't find one ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
*E3 2016 - UPDATE*

During PlayStation’s E3 live coverage, Guerrilla Games Managing Director Hermen Hulst gave a few more tidbits of information on the upcoming RPG Horizon: Zero Dawn, releasing on February 28th, 2017 exclusively for PS4.
  • Hulst has seen some “interesting speculation” on the geographical locations of the game, and he confirmed that there are real world references, but he can’t disclose which ones.
  • Gameplay is very intuitive. In the actual game there is a little bit of story-driven build-up to learn of things work, but it’s not gonna be a half an hour-long tutorial.
  • The machines have many ways to attack, so there’s a ton of variety on how you can take them on.
  • When you loot your enemies you can either use the parts to craft equipment or bring them to a merchant. There’s an entire economy within the game. You can buy new weapons and new outfits. For instance, there is an outfit that protects you against poison.
  • Most of the times Aloy is by herself. She can meet people that will occasionally help her, but that’s it.
  • When you bring up the weapons wheel the game goes into slow-motion because developers didn’t want to take players completely out of the experience, but still give them time to think.
  • Aloy has a couple of pieces of old world technology with her. One is the focus attached to her ear, that allows her to scan the world, the other is the spear that lets her override the machines. When she overrides a machine, she can make it fight alongside them, while some of them can even be used as mounts.
  • In the world of the game the cataclysm happens a little over 50 years from the present time, and the game is set a thousand years after that.