Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 1 Votes
Title: House of Gucci (2021)

Genre: Drama, Crime, Thriller

Director: Ridley Scott

Cast: Lady Gaga, Adam Driver, Al Pacino, Jared Leto, Reeve Carney, Jeremy Irons, Camille Cottin, Jack Huston, Youssef Kerkour, Eva Moore, Mădălina Diana Ghenea, Salma Hayek

Release: 2021-11-24

Plot: The story of how Patrizia Reggiani, the ex-wife of Maurizio Gucci, plotted to kill her husband, the grandson of renowned fashion designer Guccio Gucci.

Tried watching it yesterday, stopped midway. This is so ridiculous and silly, like a bad, unfunny parody from SNL, stretched even longer beyond welcome, than their skits. Everyone is talking in a fake forced 'Italian' accent, like in a bad Godfather parody. Especially horrible is Jared Leto. Ridley Scott doesn't seem like a dementia stricken old man, that cannot comprehend anymore, what he's making, but this movie sure makes it look like that.
Doesn't help that two of the ugliest recent actors are in main roles, but I guess their noses fit with each other.
Will try finishing it tonight, if only for proof that you don't bring home gold digging trash.
Offense on all points intended.

Edit: Second half is better, even though everyone's acting is still like they're first time on stage in a High School play. At least there's that nice French actress Camille Cottin, who I liked in Stillwater opposite Matt Damon.
I expected at least the last half hour of a 2 and a half hour film to deal with the investigation and legal issues, but there's none of that, everything's just jammed into a few lines of text. Very disappointing.

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database