Upcoming House of the Dragon (Season 2) [HBO]

I enjoyed the first episode, thought it was well done and engaging characters as of now, just hope they keep up. I always get a bit overwhelmed when they drop a new series cause then there is always a ton of new characters and I tired to be as spoiler free as possible. At least with HBO Max I was able to pause and see who the major players are.

I wasn't too sure about it myself. Thought some of the acting wasn't that great. I also thought some of the cgi of the dragon didn't look as good as in game of thrones - dunno if they had less budget or not.

Has anyone watched the first episode yet? Any good?

I really want the same atmosphere and engagement I had with thrones for the first 7 seasons every Monday night. Where the whole world was watching it and you got into work and everyone would be talking about it.

For the first season I might wait and binge it all once it’s ended.
Go from there

Good first episode, you can already spot who to root for and who's going to end up being a ****

I want more, don't want to wait a whole week :arghh:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RMA and Flloydo
Good first episode, you can already spot who to root for and who's going to end up being a ****

For myself I'm having a hard time rooting for anyone in the show so far... I'm hoping that will change as we get to know the characters better.
In GoT you had the Starks who were pretty much our protagonist characters (and obviously that evolved) so I'm just waiting for someone to emerge.

Still really enjoyed the first episode.

Episode 2 was pretty solid. A little slow paced but I enjoyed it.
I really enjoyed it.

For anyone not watching on the HBO apps, the commentary from the show runners and actors, after the show, is good stuff to watch. They’re not long, but provide interesting insights into the show.

It did a good job of setting up the political clashes that are to come. The ladies were bad ass! Especially Rhaenrya!
Queen Princess GIF by Game of Thrones

Any hope for this relationship died! :muted:
Friends Hbo GIF by Game of Thrones

Last weeks episode was good, this weeks was excellent. Things really getting going now, love it

Reactions: kaw
Another really good episode, like really really good

My only disappointment about this show is the pace it's moving at, 2 year time jump between episode 2 and 3 and we all know and even bigger one is coming soon as well. Losing Milly Alcock is gonna be a real shame as she's been brilliant

Reactions: RMA and kaw
Bloody good episode this week after last weeks not hitting the spot. Looks like that's it for the young actors though with a massive time jump for next weeks episode, sad about that on one hand but now it's actually time excited to see what the older versions of the characters bring to the show

Last edited:
Reactions: hatredhorror
this weeks episode was particularly exciting.. it really captures the magic of got 1-7,5 (only the last three episodes were sh1te imo)

Last edited:
Bloody good episode this week after last weeks not hitting the spot. Looks like that's it for the young actors though with a massive time jump for next weeks episode, sad about that on one hand but now it's actually time excited to see what the older versions of the characters bring to the show
I’m sad about the loss of Milly, but I’m ready for Olivia Cooke. I’ll wait to see what I think of the new actress for Rhaenyra.