House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: December 19, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £50.00 - £40.00
Notes: Includes 9 character artcards

75F2D72C-83B3-488E-A30A-B172D2203A99.jpeg

HotDsb2.PNG
HotDsb1.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh good. So people will be able to complain about the non glossed steelbook in the crushed corner slipbox from Amazon or from Zavvi if they get it because they expect high premium product for this "high premium" price.

Just skip it already and save us all from the rants.
Jesus what the **** is your problem?

Like I said I don't have a problem. But you? WOW!!! Yours is quite evident.

Did you say previously that you were in therapy? :rolleyes:
What all this started cos I dared expect zavvi to give updates on if a new release was getting delayed. Oh the horror.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh good. So people will be able to complain about the non glossed steelbook in the crushed corner slipbox from Amazon or from Zavvi if they get it because they expect high premium product for this "high premium" price.

yup, and then of course complain, demand a full refund, sell the "damaged" one as near mint with almost invisible flaws on ebay for RRP, reorder, repeat

the circle of zavvi.. and then people wonder why prices keep increasing

What all this started cos I dared expect zavvi to give updates on if a new release was getting delayed.

I don't know WTF you're talking about. I mentioned non glossed steelbooks and damaged slips. I didn't say anything about delays. I didn't reply to you or even say anything about you in my post.

Many people complain about the finish of steelbooks and damaged slips for every UK release priced above £25. People should know by now what they're getting into when they order these types of packages from non premium companies like Zavvi and Amazon.

So reply if you want to with the last word. I'm done. :)

I don't know WTF you're talking about. I mentioned non glossed steelbooks and damaged slips. I didn't say anything about delays. I didn't reply to you or even say anything about you in my post.

Many people complain about the finish of steelbooks and damaged slips for every UK release priced above £25. People should know by now what they're getting into when they order these types of packages from non premium companies like Zavvi and Amazon.

So reply if you want to with the last word. I'm done. :)
I think complaining that a £35 steelbook isn't gloss compared to a $22 best buy counterpart is perfectly reasonable. And with regards to my comment about delays. Well my dislike for you stems from back then cos you utterly jumped on me for getting annoyed about I think it was the Nobody collectors set being delayed with no update.

All that being said, cos I actually like this forum and do not wish to associate it with hostility.

I'm happy to just let it all go and be done with it. I don't have time for feuds. I have better things to devote my time to. I'm sorry to being quote so... Urm lets say aggressive.

So sorry.

Last edited:

Although I am predisposed to complain about everything, that gold color could actually look great with a high quality matte finish, particularly if it’s given some metallic effect and/or zero finish (at least in spots).

It has a similar color scheme to The Green Mile steelbook; I bought (and like) the UK matte finish more than the glossy US version.

It really just depends on whether they give it a high quality matte or a disgusting cheap looking streaky finish.

Reactions: Stygian