House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: December 19, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £50.00 - £40.00
Notes: Includes 9 character artcards

75F2D72C-83B3-488E-A30A-B172D2203A99.jpeg

HotDsb2.PNG
HotDsb1.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it’s a rigid box like the collector’s editions we’ve been getting.
That’s what I thought. Plus the artcards look like they come in a pouch similar to those from the batman collectors editions also from WB. But there’s no mention of it just the 9 artcards

Unless the art cards are separate I really hope that’s in a slip box too. Makes sense to move onto that from the PET boxes for the GoT steels

Reactions: prophecygirl
Just got mine and pleased to say it survived the Amazon mailer completely unscathed. Slip is only thin cardboard but the embossed art is a nice touch and despite being flat matte on the steel it looks good in hand

Reactions: RMA
Just realised the steel and slip make a fuller image (same as open but without the black bar spine)

Really nice release considering it’s matte and the slip is quite thin. The finish on the slip is nice (bossing/ metallic effect)

A3C79BF0-F911-4BC5-A6B7-03A13EE130D9.jpeg

Just realised the steel and slip make a fuller image (same as open but without the black bar spine)

Really nice release considering it’s matte and the slip is quite thin. The finish on the slip is nice (bossing/ metallic effect)

View attachment 547227
It does look pretty nice tbf, but think I'll wait for a price drop. Little disappointed it isn't a rigid slip like other WB releases.

Ordered 2 both arrived trashed.
I can commiserate. My first copy arrived damaged in a cardboard envelope that had no padding. My replacement finally arrived and of course the same cardboard envelope and worse damage! :banghead:

Did anyone here in the US receive a mint copy or luck into a box?

This needs to be the Amazon UK shipping manager in the garbage bag! :D
fire kill GIF

Last edited:
I can commiserate. My first copy arrived damaged in a cardboard envelope that had no padding. My replacement finally arrived and of course the same cardboard envelope and worse damage! :banghead:

Did anyone here in the US receive a mint copy or luck into a box?

This needs to be the Amazon UK shipping manager in the garbage bag! :D
fire kill GIF
I had the exact same problem! First one was crushed so the spine was creased and the package that holds the cards was flattened a bit. Second was worse, one of the corners badly damaged (the envelope was damaged too). Third one I added gift packaging. They still sent it in an envelope, but one of the bigger ones so it's not such a tight fit. This one arrived mint. It had to travel to the Netherlands though, not all the way to the USA.

Mine arrived in the usual Amazon cardboard envelope but thankfully mint. I'm in the UK though, so yeah a journey across the pond I'd hate to think of the battering it would take :facepalm:

Reactions: RMA
I had the exact same problem! First one was crushed so the spine was creased and the package that holds the cards was flattened a bit. Second was worse, one of the corners badly damaged (the envelope was damaged too). Third one I added gift packaging. They still sent it in an envelope, but one of the bigger ones so it's not such a tight fit. This one arrived mint. It had to travel to the Netherlands though, not all the way to the USA.
I’m glad you got a mint copy. I’m on the fence whether to try, again, or ask for a discount.