How do you display your slipcovers...

jbsolo

Premium Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
OK, I posted this question with the old timers, but might as well get the answers from the Experts...you! (the slip cover collectors)...

I never really collected them but if given a choice I always picked the one with the slipcover than a bare amaray one...but I did not go out of my way to look for them (until now!)...so my question is......how do you guys display/keep them...do you take them out from the amaray and fold them flat, do you have to have the amaray/dvd with them? so if you are collecting US/UK/Canadian, you have to double dip (like in steelbooks and put bags in them), of just collect the slipcover without amarays/discs? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't get any satisfaction from them being stored away in a box other than maybe they stay in their originally acquired condition.

a blu-ray with a slip definitely looks better, imo. This is how I display mine...
fdhfdjf.jpg

(I break up my collection by genre)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jbsolo
My slips are kept with the cases and displayed on shelfs,some very nice ones like Drive fs are displayed in HDN display stands.

I like to display my slipcovers with my blu collection on the shelf. Folding them flat and hiding them in a box is boring. :D

I was just thinking of the double dipping some people have to do in order to get all the slipcover versions, especially if you collect US, UK, Canadian, etc different versions...I guess like steelbook too, you have to have it with the cases...maybe blank amaray cases? I might do that!:D

Last edited:
sealed in a poly bag with cardboard backing inside a box. since most of my blurays doesn't come with slips my shelves wont be uniform.

I store all my blus with slips next to each other .... then blu's without slips come afterwards ... instead of having them all mixed around , they look so clean and flush next to each other. That being said, its obvious I dont store my blu's on racks in alphabetical order.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Oh and if there is a slip of movie that I already own but want .... I may try to go to ebay first and buy just the slip ... I think stick it on top of a blank amaray so i can display it still but wihtout having to buy the movie twice. For rare slips that I just "need to acquire" immediately I'll buy them even if I own the movie ... then i just resell the amaray movie afterwards to recoup cost then keep the slip and stick it over blank amaray. If the movie(amaray) tho is something different in regards to content I may keep it as to keep the value of that movie with slip ... just depends. Most times they are teh same as others so no need to double dip etc on slipped versions.

You guys know me, lots of steels and now bluray's with slips, but no shelf space, so they are stored in my old tv cabinet piled one on top of the others :p

Ikea is calling, my friend, they want you to come in this weekend!! :D

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

I store all my blus with slips next to each other .... then blu's without slips come afterwards ... instead of having them all mixed around , they look so clean and flush next to each other. That being said, its obvious I dont store my blu's on racks in alphabetical order.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Oh and if there is a slip of movie that I already own but want .... I may try to go to ebay first and buy just the slip ... I think stick it on top of a blank amaray so i can display it still but wihtout having to buy the movie twice. For rare slips that I just "need to acquire" immediately I'll buy them even if I own the movie ... then i just resell the amaray movie afterwards to recoup cost then keep the slip and stick it over blank amaray. If the movie(amaray) tho is something different in regards to content I may keep it as to keep the value of that movie with slip ... just depends. Most times they are teh same as others so no need to double dip etc on slipped versions.

That's what I was thinking, since there will be double dips with steelbooks and amarays with or without slips..I can probably re-sell the amarays and just keep the nice slips (in blank cases) for display...:D

Mine are on the top row of my shelf! My newest slip cover is Scream 4! My Target only had one left and I snagged! I noticed there getting hard to find these slip covers! I have about 50 with slip covers out of my whole DVD collection

mine are just in with my normal collection, not a huge slipcase guy, i polybag my steelbooks - and recently sold a few blurays with slipcases because they are being released on steelbook (taken, a-team, fight club)

when i sell some blurays i do keep slipcases just incase they are rare - i have a trainspotting uk slipcase.

I wrap mine with one of those protective sleeves along with the Blu-ray inside then place it on the level of my shelf with all my other Blu-rays with slipcovers. :)