How many damaged Steelbooks do you own?

How many of the Steelbooks you own are damaged?

• Zero, I cannot live with damaged steels!

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 0-10%

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • 10-25%

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 25-50%

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • More than 50%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 0-10%

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • 10-25%

• 25-50%

• More than 50%

• 0-10%

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • 10-25%

• 25-50%

• More than 50%

• Total voters

Slinchafi

Vinyl Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Slovenia
How many steelbooks in your collection have any kind of damage to them, be it dents, slashed spines, paint chips etc.?

Do you replace any damaged steels if possible, or just say "to hell with it" and put them on the shelf?

It's easier for me to count them, because my collection is still pretty small, but out of the 57 steels I own, 12 have dents, slashed spines and/or paint chips, and 4 have minor paint defects (looks like a "dead pixel" in a different color). They either arrived like this from retailers, or I've bought them in-store and the damage was hidden under the packaging, or I just didn't look hard enough. This is not counting any release that I've bought multiples of and returned the damaged copies. Of course this is no big deal for some and insanity for others, so I was just wondering how many fall into each category :)

i recently started to look through my collection again...i checked every steel a lot more accurate than i did a few months ago...

and as you can imagine i found some damaged ones.i think i try to replace them.luckily the damaged ones are not that rare so its easier to find a better copy^^

Well with more then 1300 Steelbooks in my own collection it is very very hard to say now if all of them are OCD , BUT I would guess that no more then 10% should be damaged (a little) , but I don't think I would exchange them for OCD ones at the moment...

IF someone wants to offer his/her services and come by and check each and everyone of my Steelbooks for damages he /she is more then welcome to do so :)

Take care
John

Reactions: hiratafabio
Well with more then 1300 Steelbooks in my own collection it is very very hard to say now if all of them are OCD , BUT I would guess that no more then 10% should be damaged (a little) , but I don't think I would exchange them for OCD ones at the moment...

IF someone wants to offer his/her services and come by and check each and everyone of my Steelbooks for damages he /she is more then welcome to do so :)

Take care
John

How many Steelbooks John, wow that's a collection!EEK!

In my collection, I know I've got a 300 steel that has slashed spine (didn't check for that back then...) but mostly, I discovered recently that my PoP has a hugeeeee ding on the back... :(

Oh well.. win some, loose some...

and John... :drool:

I don't have that many, but from what I can remember, 4 of them are damaged:

Batman Begins has a small dent in the front, almost impossible to notice under
normal light;
The Amazing Spider-Man has a small dent in the front, I noticed it only months after getting it;
MIB II has a small dent in the left side of the front, I didn't notice it when I got it;
Avatar has small paint chips in the right upper side. It seems there was something sticky there, some dirt or whatever, I tried to remove it, but the paint came off as well XD

I'm trying to get OCD versions for them, but I wouldn't bother that much if I can't find them.

Take care
John

I'll be travelling Europe next year (maybe January), who knows we can set something up :D

I just opened my Life of Pi steel to watch it, and sure enough, there are two scratches on the back (under the j-card). So that's one more to the list...

I never open my steels... so i dont even dare think about how many are damaged in some way... I have a lot with ripped seal though. Very annoying especially for OCD collectors like myself...

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

1300!!! Thats insaaaane... thats like a new car...

I know my Pulp Fiction from Japan has a slight dent but nothing major and a few others with slashed spines but those don't bother me at all.

Any steels with severe defects wouldn't be in my collection for long anyway ;)

I got the original sucker punch (german) sent to me and it got damaged in transit, I was offered money offered money off so I accepted as it made it very cheap and couldn't be arsed with sending it back lol