How many Mondo X titles a month is the right pace?

How many Mondo X titles a month is the right pace?

• 1 title per month

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • 2 titles per month

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • 3 titles per month

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters

JRT

Nov 24, 2014
Canada
So far we've had most months with 1 title, one month with 2 titles (May) and an upcoming month with 3 titles (July). What pace do you guys think is the best?

Reactions: rodtp
I would like 3 a month but I dont buy all only the films I like, wish there was a way to see all mondo art if anyone knows that would be cool!

The aim is to be very limited...we (Best Buy Canada) started on the road of about 10-12 a year - Target did three on their own so it seems like a lot in the first half year but they will be more sparse in coming months - I am working on some pretty sweet titles but there is a lot that goes into them: what studios and distributors have what rights to the films (often different between US and Canada), if there is Mondo art existing or if it needs to be made new, if the studio is willing to do the title (or the directors - which seems to be a bigger challenge!) and of course the most important...do YOU want it in your collection. I can let you know we have one more title to announce this month and next one won't announce until late summer :)

Once a month for sure. Only way I'd be able to keep up with every title. Between this, Plain Archive, Nova, and Kimchi...not to mention domestic new releases...that's a lotta money.

once or twice a month but no more would be ideal but from different countries. I mean to get a local steel is easy but importing is harder as I think it would be for most people so 1 local and 1 import after that it is stretching things a bit too much in my opinion

1 per month with a variant or 2nd release thrown in every once in a while. Alternating between Canada and the U.S. every 3 to 4 months.

One a month is reasonable/affordable... three a month is worrying and I hope it's not going to become the norm. :ohno:

I rather see only 1 a month
Releasing 3-4 in the same month get very expensive especially as a lot of collectors live outside of USA/Canada
If Target and Best Buy shipped worldwide then it would be different especially if shipping costs were decent

We do see the likes of Zavvi and Amazon and other retailers including Asian retailers that ship worldwide and they do a lot of steelbook releases every month but with these retailers shipping is either free or very reasonable and they ship to your door direct

As Mondo X steelbook now are getting very popular it would be a good idea if Target and Best Buy start to ship worldwide as they would also get orders for lot of their other releases

If they have plans to do a lot of Mondo X releases its best to keep it spread out over the year and not to many the same month unless they start to do shipping worldwide

At the moment a lot of the collectors need to use the group buys to get these brilliant releases and its not cheap when you take shipping costs into account so for me personally I rather see its 1 or 2 only a month

Shipping costs for me for example for the Canada Group Buys for 1 steelbook is $19.00 and 2-3 Steelbooks its $37 and 4-5 Steelbooks its $46
For me to save money on shipping I would need to be purchasing in the group have shipped 4-5 steelbooks at the same time making overall the costs very high when you take into account the price for each steelbook itself on top of the shipping and when doing this I would be most likely get hit for customs as its more noticeable due to size of the parcel

So its best for me if its just 1 or 2 a month with one at the beginning of the month and the other at the middle of the month

If shipping was direct and cheaper or free then it would not matter if I ordered 1 at a time a few times a month like I do with Zavvi and others

I avoid even with Amazon USA ordering more than 1 item in an order due to risk of getting hit with customs if its 2 or more items

One, maybe two, but not all of the time. Every other month is OK too. The more that are spit out makes them feel less special.

I wanted to say 2 per month, but thought that they might not be able to keep the same quality and attention to detail if they were releasing that fast. So 1 per month.