How Many SteelBooks Do You Own? Post pics of collection / last acquired!

How Many Steelbooks Do You Own?

• 0-50

Votes: 229 12.0%
  • 50-100

Votes: 549 28.8%
  • 100-200

Votes: 419 22.0%
  • 200-300

Votes: 239 12.6%
  • 300-500

Votes: 163 8.6%
  • 500-1000

Votes: 134 7.0%
  • 1000-1500

Votes: 79 4.1%
  • 1500-2000

Votes: 48 2.5%
  • 2000+

Votes: 44 2.3%

• Total voters
Jan 30, 2009
England
This particular thread is to showcase new and recent additions to your collection and showcasing your entire collection.

In order to allow for smooth scrolling and loading, on multiple types of devices, we're asking our community to work with us to do the following:
1. Please try and resize your pictures prior to posting them as it helps the loading times for you and your fellow collectors.
2. You might want to consider posting your pics in the dedicated media section found HERE where you will be able to take advantage of the amount of filters, resizing, and other features if you use that interface.
3. Please use spoiler tags when posting more than one picture of the same steelbook.
4. If you receive more than one steelbook, please take a group shot, not a picture from every single steel.
5. If you receive more than a single copy of one steel, post pictures of a SINGLE copy please. If they are for a group buy, then those pictures should be posted in the group buy thread and NOT in this thread.
6. If you wish to show multiple steelbooks from different angles, please use spoiler tags.

Note:
This thread is for your last movie SteelBook. If it's another kind please use the proper thread below:
Last Viva Metal Box You Purchased?
Last Ironpack/MetalPak/Tin You Purchased?
Last Video game SteelBook Acquired?
Last Blu-ray Special Edition Purchased?

Attachments

• 20170421_140027.jpg
    20170421_140027.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 111,617
Last edited by a moderator:
So I promised old steelbooks, and now I'm finally delivering from way back in 2014. Not a huge Alien(s) or Predator fan, but I enjoyed Alien vs Predator and thought the steelbook was really well done.

This was a Zavvi release I believe:

AvP_01_reduced.jpg

Back of J card:

AvP_02_reduced.jpg

Isn't that pretty? Despite the Alien getting the headline, the steelbook goes with Predator for the cover and I have to say that's a good call. Love the whole Predator hiding in the shadows look and fantastic choice of color - I get the feeling this dude is all about murder:

AvP_03_reduced.jpg

Look at that beautiful embossing and the amazing super clean minimalist text style for this movie really gives me the feels for some reason:

AvP_04_reduced.jpg

Now the Alien - relegated to the rear of the steelbook so no fancy embossing here and he's not happy about it:

AvP_05_reduced.jpg

Spine is very clean:

AvP_06_reduced.jpg

And surprise surprise, it's Alien vs Predator:

AvP_07_reduced.jpg

A quality release all around for a fun movie - really happy with this.

So this one isn't quite as old as AvP, but this is by far my favorite Alita steelbook (versus the other ones I've seen - one with her hand against a black background and the other with her just standing around with other characters). I think it's exclusive to Germany from 2019.

Look at that strong German sticky material at the top holding the J card on (you can see the two darkened dots) - not sure why it's so strong but I got some exercise I wasn't expecting removing the J card:

Alita_01_reduced.jpg

Back of the J card (in German nat):

Alita_02_reduced.jpg

That is a gorgeous looking steelbook - Alita looking like the badass she is. Some people might wonder about the color scheme but this is apparently from official art for the movie, it's not made up by the steelbook artist:

Alita_03_reduced.jpg

Look at that lovely embossing on Alita's arm and sword:

Alita_04_reduced.jpg

More on the title:

Alita_05_reduced.jpg

Back is pretty boring but stays consistent with the color scheme:

Alita_06_reduced.jpg

Same with the spine:

Alita_07_reduced.jpg

The steelbook comes with some solid art inside and count em *four* discs including BR 3D:

Alita_08_reduced.jpgAlita_09_reduced.jpg

Germany killing it on this one - great release.

So this one isn't quite as old as AvP, but this is by far my favorite Alita steelbook (versus the other ones I've seen - one with her hand against a black background and the other with her just standing around with other characters). I think it's exclusive to Germany from 2019.

Look at that strong German sticky material at the top holding the J card on (you can see the two darkened dots) - not sure why it's so strong but I got some exercise I wasn't expecting removing the J card:

View attachment 489144

View attachment 489145

That is a gorgeous looking steelbook - Alita looking like the badass she is. Some people might wonder about the color scheme but this is apparently from official art for the movie, it's not made up by the steelbook artist:

View attachment 489146

View attachment 489147

More on the title:

View attachment 489148

View attachment 489149

Same with the spine:

View attachment 489150

The steelbook comes with some solid art inside and count em *four* discs including BR 3D:

View attachment 489151View attachment 489152

german technology :cool:

View attachment 489144

View attachment 489145

View attachment 489146

View attachment 489147

More on the title:

View attachment 489148

View attachment 489149

Same with the spine:

View attachment 489150

View attachment 489151View attachment 489152

Very nice steel this a very good ninja sorted me a copy out :). Is the Bar81 embossed? ;)

Reactions: Bar81
So apparently my OC was already delivered to me the 21st but I wasn't home, and then PostNL delivered it to a location where I could come pick it up, without leaving a note that I had to come pick it up. The postman literally FORGOT to leave the note! So I had no clue I had to come and pick it up, and after a week they sent it back Collectong.
Just checked tracking for the returning package, it has been saying 'bezorgtijd niet bekend' (delivery time not known) for over a week now. Last month they lost a package from me worth 40 euro, and the situation was the exact same. They didn't leave the goddamn note, I didn't pick it up and the returning package got lost after saying 'delivery time not known' for over a month. If they actually lose it I'm going to burn that office down. Not only do they not tell me that I have to pick it up, there's also a chance they're just gonna lose it. In my opinion they should also refund me the 35 euro of shipping I'm going to be paying again but they won't do that for sure. I'm done.

Btw, thanks to @Hereticz for helping me out with everything, I found out about all this because of his help.

Me to the postman when (if) that thing ever gets to me

So this happened with my OUATIH Manta lab OC 2 months ago, I complained about it in the thread, some may remember it. Postnl declared it lost when it was back on its way to HK after a month, and I had given up all hope until Collectong informed me that it had arrived! They shipped it to me again, and this time postnl didn't **** up! I actually received it safely, and I know this isn't a new or very exciting release but I still wanted to post it out of pure happiness:)

IMG_20201020_204737.jpg