How Netflix will quickly become useless

Apr 2, 2009
http://gizmodo.com/5441950/netflix-is-losing-new-release-rentals

Bad news, Netflix customers: Warner Bros. and Netflix have just made an agreement to delay all new release rentals by 28 days so people will keep buying DVDs. Or, as is more likely, turn to piracy.

The upside of the deal is that Warner is offering up more movies for streaming on Netflix to make up for the lack of new releases. But don't expect this to be the only studio that makes this deal. Now that one has shown that Netflix is willing to play ball, the rest should follow. Weak, Netflix. Weak.

I guess if you want to see a new release without buying the goddamned movie, you're stuck heading to the torrent sites. You did this to yourself, Warner Bros.

not if warner does this to every rental place, though the rental places will just buy the DVDs from stores then.

not if warner does this to every rental place, though the rental places will just buy the DVDs from stores then.

THat is what high demand redbox kiosks have done ... bought the dvds and inserted them ... Universal or fox does this excact same thing with WB in regards to redbox ...

peeps could go to Blockbuster before torrent ... geez.

Idk why they do this, rental copies usually cost more to the companies at least from what I know of from Family Video, they only do it, so they can't get in trouble.

They have to do it on certain releases that are a blockbuster exclusive though.

I switched to blockbuster about a year ago when Netflix raised the prices for Blu renters. Now they are at it again. I hope they continue to shoot themselves in the foot, they are money-gouging Aholes.

Around the time that the economy headed south, netflix was one of like 3 cmopanies to post a net increase in revenue. And not just an increase, it was something like 18%. I'm sure they were really hurting for that price increase on Blu users :rolleyes: It's pure greed, taking deals like this from WB and hiking up prices.....

This sucks. Netflix is the reason i have so many movies. I decided to rent 2 movies a couple weeks ago at the video store..it cost almost $7 for two freakin movies!

:hilarious:

Oi. I don't think the piracy is going to be as bad as they say it is. Honestly, it may go up a smidgen, but not a significant enough amount for either party to care. If you were going to pirate movies instead of pay for them you should be already doing that now. Otherwise you're just a douche trying to make people think you've discovered how to be thrifty as a result of this tragedy.

Oh yeah, I said it, bring it.