I Saw The Devil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
image1.JPG

Release Date : October 27, 2014
Links: 2 Disc Edition (Theatrical Cut / International Cut)
- PET Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 800 copies) - $39.80 Sold Out
- PAPER Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 500 copies) - $38.80 Sold out
- 1/4 Slip Version (Print run for international : 400 copies) - $37.80Sold out

Plain Archive is excited to announce the release of I Saw The Devil Steelbook. We've been asked by Blue Kino, another Korean Blu-ray company to design the Steelbook edition which will be PLAIN ARCHIVE's exclusive.
We were hoping to release the world's first Steelbook edition of I Saw The Devil, but Zavvi announced its own before we could. The news made us reconsider the project, but with director Kim Jee-woon's support, we couldn't drop it.
I Saw The Devil Steelbook will be released under the approval of director Kim, and we are working on the artwork as we speak.
Best Regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE

istd.png

* PET Full Slip Version // * PAPER Full Slip Version // * 1/4 Slip Version
ISTD_PET_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PAPER_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PET_14SLIP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for digging up an old thread guys and gals but just wanted to yet again thanks our one and only @apsmith21 for his incredible generosity surprising me with this lovely lovely and my first ever 1/4 slip!
'Surprising you' as in just sending it to you out of the blue? :confused:

Anyway, great film. I've thought about picking up the PET version a few times, but the Zavvi steelbook is already pretty decent also

Always wanted this one :grumpy:...nice photos as always @ChrisPatt

Cheers dude!! Still practicing really. Haven't quite for the room to get a full white set up going but working with what I've got! :thumbs:
'Surprising you' as in just sending it to you out of the blue? :confused:

Anyway, great film. I've thought about picking up the PET version a few times, but the Zavvi steelbook is already pretty decent also
And nah dude. I think I overpaid on postage for a box of goodies which you can find in the "LATEST STEELBOOK THREAD". So he gifted me it from one PLAIN Collector too another!! Was like a kid at Christmas when I unboxed the box and found it!!! :woot::woot::woot:

I'm still kicking myself for missing this release. One of my favorite movies of all time, that I own in a cheap, flat blue amaray. This deserves a premium treatment in my shelf and this is the best. If anyone is selling theirs, please hit me up!

I'm still kicking myself for missing this release. One of my favorite movies of all time, that I own in a cheap, flat blue amaray. This deserves a premium treatment in my shelf and this is the best. If anyone is selling theirs, please hit me up!
The Zavvi steelbook is pretty nice also (full gloss) and can be picked up quite cheap.

Would be a worthy alternative to an Amaray until you got round to picking this up :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel

This was back in stock only the week before last so worth keeping an eye on PA now and then - their stock levels appear to fluctuate from time to time.

This was back in stock only the week before last so worth keeping an eye on PA now and then - their stock levels appear to fluctuate from time to time.
I happened to luck in at that time...:)
Got the "Signature 1/4 Slip".
Soon as I bought, they went OOS so yeah, once again, timing is everything in life.
Congrats @ChrisPatt at scoring an awesome release!

edit: okay, ya know, this is just how bloody awesome PA is.
They have these wonderful slips on offer and then like everyone else, they think "ya know, maybe some just want a 1/4 slip". So what do they do, they go the extra mile and have the dang Director sign the quarter slip!. Then they make it this gorgeous translucent red as well.
These folk are NEVER to be underestimated...

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Punker76
I happened to luck in at that time...:)
Got the "Signature 1/4 Slip".
Soon as I bought, they went OOS so yeah, once again, timing is everything in life.
Congrats @ChrisPatt at scoring an awesome release!

edit: okay, ya know, this is just how bloody awesome PA is.
They have these wonderful slips on offer and then like everyone else, they think "ya know, maybe some just want a 1/4 slip". So what do they do, they go the extra mile and have the dang Director sign the quarter slip!. Then they make it this gorgeous translucent red as well.
These folk are NEVER to be underestimated...
Cheers dude!! Whats this signature edition? Signed by whom? The director?

@BluSteel2012 Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely consider it.

@Punker76 I don't think the PET version is the one you are talking about, but I guess I will settle with the quarter slip if I can't find anything else. Thank you for the heads up, I will keep an eye on it.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
@BluSteel2012 Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely consider it.

@Punker76 I don't think the PET version is the one you are talking about, but I guess I will settle with the quarter slip if I can't find anything else. Thank you for the heads up, I will keep an eye on it.

Yeah sorry, it was the quarter slip that came back in stock. Apologies for the mix up there.

The 1/4 slip has the Director's signature on it (obviously he did not sign each individual copy, he signed a "master" they then produced from).
It still looks very cool on the translucent red though! :)
(You have the 1/4 slip, right? check below the title on the back of the Red Card...;)

Last edited: