Impact of steel tariffs on the Steelbook industry

Starling

Premium Supporter
May 5, 2012
London
With tariffs of up to 25% being introduced for steel imports into the US, what impact will that have on Steelbook prices?

its raw steel, like companies buy for cars and manufacturing. Aluminum for cans etc. Any steelbook making factory in the US would be impacted though yes but I dont much will change in the steelbook market

Last edited:
Can anyone definitively say that steelbooks are actually made of steel? I never took the steelbook name as literal.

On the Scanavo website, they just state that "the SteelBook® case is a premium metal case." They never state that it is actually made of steel. I've never seen any definitive answer, if someone could educate me that would be great.

Can anyone definitively say that steelbooks are actually made of steel? I never took the steelbook name as literal.

On the Scanavo website, they just state that "the SteelBook® case is a premium metal case." They never state that it is actually made of steel. I've never seen any definitive answer, if someone could educate me that would be great.
I asked @Wreck about this before (for another reason) and he said "the steelbook is tinplate." Tinplate is a thin steel sheet coated by tin.

Reactions: JCC
If the run is 10k or higher then steelbooks can be made economically at any of the factories they use. In the USA, there isnt many runs less than 10k.