In the Heart of the Sea (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #40) [Czech Republic]

• Hello and happy early holidays from HiDefNinja! It's been a challenging couple of years for everyone and this site included. Please remember during November and December to click links on this site before purchasing from Amazon or other retailers like Zavvi. Every little bit helps and thank you so much for the dedicated support you show us by visiting!
Release date: August 15, 2016
Purchase link: Film Arena
Price: 899 CZK (34,20 €)
Note: Limited to 1001 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

13517466_1383683431648207_2517322858155844350_o-jpg.247656

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 10, 2014
Paris, France
Well, it reminder me a lot master and commander (one of my favourite movies) during the first (and best) half, crossed with attacks of the whale (great !).
SPOLIER ALERT : Then, there is the second half, less engaging, about survival after the boat is sinked.
Still, it's a good adventure movie with great sfx and light.

BluMan Chu

Premium Supporter
Nov 21, 2014
Warner probably did the film a disservice by postponing the original release date - probably turned some people off. Everyone knows these kinds of delays are for a reason (script problems, strife on set, difficult actors etc). This film literally vanished after about a week. I've been skipping watching films in theaters these days so I'm not too upset it came and went so quickly. I'll more than likely pick it up on Blu since it's a Ron Howard film. He usually makes entertaining movies. Usually :)

jim 80

Premium Supporter
Jan 10, 2016
UK
I enjoyed the TV version! The Whale (2013).

I'd planned to see this, but totally forgot about it.