Inception (FYE Exclusive Blu-ray Steelbook) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Added 12/6/2010:

In US, Ebates offers a % cash back at FYE for clicking through to their site, when placing orders.

In addition, their Backstage VIP program (yearly membership) provides extra % off on each purchase-thanks, DB.

Art now added at FYE as of 11/24:

main-150.jpg

Direct pre-order link is http://www.fye.com/Inception--f-y-e...productId121433551VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm

Saw this on another forum and had to share.

At the moment guys, don't get your hopes up - I think this will be DVD sized...
but anyway...

2010-10-25171240.jpg

Thanks to RyRyMcNizzy13 for the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, I believe this will be DVD sized. It's still a good indication of the US getting more SteelBooks is a good thing, just hope we would get BD size SteelBooks.

movies_inception_animated_spinner.gif

I would put my bets on a shared release with FutureShop and possibly Mexico

Cheers
CrashKelly

Yeah, possibly. No info on that front.

Regardless, you know how expensive FYE stuff is. (almost everything is always overpriced since they get mall traffic I suppose) If FYE stuff doesnt have different artwork then they wont be extremely sought after. If FYE has different artwork BD steels in the future then they could be somewhat limited and sought after in that sense.

If it will be G2 sized, I actually hope it's got different artwork compared to the german, canadian, and mexican versions. Change it up!

Just curious, but where's the confirmation coming from.

Anytime I confirm its from direct contacts at either the product buyers, or makers/marketers of the steelbook(s) in question.

Can only confirm when allowed, which in most cases is when the retailer/etailer has started advertising or posted a listing etc.

That being said, I dont use the word "confirmed" lightly.

Last edited:
so... I checked FYE's site earlier and didnt see any pre-order info for a steelbook edition. We need to find some way to get a copy held for us.

so... I checked FYE's site earlier and didnt see any pre-order info for a steelbook edition. We need to find some way to get a copy held for us.

Go into your local FYE store and place a pre-order. The steelbook is in their system, so you should have no problem. Put $5 down or something. ;)

this was my next plan of attack, yet i find some of those employees to be morons. No faith.

lol - be persistent - I've seen other folks have success - I think it actually states steelbook in the system - just make sure they order you the blu-ray one. ;)