Independence Day: Resurgence (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Global Series No. 5) [Hong Kong]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: January 20, 2017
Purchase link: Manta Lab - (Pre-order on December 21 2016 at 8 PM - HK time)
Price: $44.99 (limited to 2 copies per order)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv
Note: Lenticular Slip (3D + Depth Lenticular, Full UV, Embossing) includes case sized booklet + 5 character cards + 4 photo cards + exclusive numbering sticker + exclusive release sticker + exclusive premium gift. Limited to 300 numbered copies.

IDR2-01_1024x1024.jpg

15403602_1229723117137794_6434463699358272062_o.jpg

ID4-R_Rendering_1024x1024.gif

More Manta Lab Global Releases
We are preparing for X-men: Apocalypse, Legend of Tarzan and Independence Day:Resurgence Manta Lab Global release and more information will be updated soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today MantaLab became just another retailer :( very sad to see they are joining the "let's release every new movie as part of our WWA series" wagon so fast.
They should concentrate more on their Exclusive Series.
I can not justify collecting every ML release anymore. MAYBE if they just do one Edition per title instead of 3.

Oh dear, so deadpool is nothing special at all or is their upcoming BvS. They are just releasing titles that every other retailers are doing and trying to grab a piece of pie while over inflating the releases with World Wide Artwork. I thought they were special on MOS and the Revenant. Now all the other lame WWA releases it's more of a pick and choose now, rather than going for the 'completion' on all of their releases.

although i really like different versions of a movie from retailers i think its to much now.
FAC speeding up with releases, the new BB series....and now Manta Lab. Is getting to expensive
only to have different editions of a WWA steelbook. But as always...its all about money for the retailers. We will see how the collectors behave

• Thanks
Reactions: bluray hunter
I remember back in the old days a steelbook release would drive us nuts as we knew there was 1 edition, 1 artwork exclusive to that release, from 1 country. Owning a steelbook was precious and collectible. It made this hobby special when you owned a steel which was rare. Blufans was the only exclusive that created premium steelbooks.

Fast forward a few years retailers and studios caught up on this and all the countries started to release their own versions most all being WWA. Then nearly every movie to this date has a steelbook release. Many movies which should never even be released as a collectible steelbook. So fine, everyone accecpted that, we can't own every release as our wallet will dry up and we need to eat, so pick and choose the steels or movies you enjoy most :thumbs:.

Moving on.These premium slips have entered the market with goodies and stuff to distinguish a standard World Wide release between a Premium release. Blufans ruled but rivaled with Kimchi and HDZeta. Now Plain Archive, Novamedia, Filmarea, Black Barons, Mantalab have all made an impression in the market with all these silver labels, gold labels, global releases, whatever I cannot even keep up.

The problem we are facing is that soon all steelbooks will just have premium releases. There be nothing special at all. Another slip, another piece of 'cardboard' wrapped around the same steel. Filmarena are releasing too many steels and too fast. They need to slow down or they be labelled as another retailer that has no creative thought, just another movie with a special packaging, did I say 'special packaging' more like another piece of cardboard, nothing special. Too many WWA from different retailers, NOT enough WEA exclusives.

I don't know about you but I am beginning to lose interest...:dunno::cautious: Is it my wallet? or I am just sick of seeing the same shite every year :LOL: This time next year there will be another retailer that be joining us, and more and more. Then there will be a class of standard release, premium release, the VIP releases catered for the millionaires who have 24k gold teeth :woot:

Last edited:
Can't please everyone these days. Of course they are out to make money. That is the end goal. To make money. You think selling steelbooks is for charity? I see nothing wrong with another premium retailer. Remember the slips are extremely important and until I see them fail at any slip they will continue to do well.

Today MantaLab became just another retailer :( very sad to see they are joining the "let's release every new movie as part of our WWA series" wagon so fast.
They should concentrate more on their Exclusive Series.
I can not justify collecting every ML release anymore. MAYBE if they just do one Edition per title instead of 3.

I agree with this in part. I will definitely not be collecting every ML release - I'll collect every release from the exclusive line and I'll pick and choose titles I prefer from their global line. Their selection of titles for the global line leaves much to be desired (Tarzan and Independence Day 2...really?). The main reason why I collect EVERY release from NovaMedia and not any other retailer is how selective they are with their releases. I have thoroughly enjoyed every movie that they've released. I think JSA was a bit of a stretch for them, but I wish they would release more Korean movies in steelbook form.

Anyways, there's no reason to collect every title in the ML line. It's the same deal with FAC...don't spend the money just to be a completist if you don't enjoy the movies!

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
I think the days of collecting EVERYTHING from a specific retailer has long been over especially with many retailers joining the bandwagon of premium releases. When I first started, it was just Blufans and Kimchi going at it. Most releases were WEA. Then comes Nova, Plain, Zeta and FAC. On top of more competing retailers, a lot more WWA gets to be packaged as premiums. So unless the budget is a bottomless pit, you won't be able to collect each and every release. I just purchase films I enjoy or packages I like.

There are good and bad side on this situation. Collectors have more options (unless you want to collect 'em all) especially if you missed a previous premium cause of small print run. But I would also like to see more WEA efforts from the retailers especially for films not done in steelbooks or have premium packages. On the business stand point, the WWA premiums are quick cash turnovers as it is easier to assemble a package and cheaper capital. It will also allow the retailers to venture more on their WEA projects.

There was bound to be some stinkers in the Global Series (referring to the films, not the quality of their editions) sooner or later, but I never had any intention of trying to collect all those anyway... it's all about their Exclusive Series for me. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Danzigg1979