2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 6 Votes
Title: Indiana Jones 5

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: Steven Spielberg

Cast: Harrison Ford

Release: 2021-07-09

indiana_jones_and_the_dial_of_destiny_ver7.jpeg

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Went in with a completely neutral stance and really looking forward to the film. Was utterly disappointed. The whole setting is so depressing and i never expected it to be that way. Seing Indy - our hero - as an alcoholic, lonely, old man was just awful and sad. The story promises something great at the half-way point that I would have loved to see, which never happens. The sad vibe in the beginning would make sense if the film would end differently and make some other plot choices that are completely ignored. I've been usually on board with most of Kathleen Kennedys Lucasfilm stuff (Obi-Wan Kenobi excluded). But yeah, this film should not have been made this way, at all. I
It doesn't feel like an Indy film, from the big plot points down to the details: It's not shot on film and it's visible. There is a Paramount logo in the beginning - but it doesn't dissolve into anything. There are no year numbers like in every other movie. Why?? These details bother me and it just tells me something about the people behind the camera. Like, have they never seen an Indiana Jones movie?
Hearing that they reshot the ending this year (!) was quite obvious, too. And since this is (officially) supposed to be the end, it's even more sad.
I usually don't get people saying stuff like "Star Wars ends with Ep. 6", but I totally get it now, at least here. For me, Indiana Jones ends with 'Kingdom', and I'm totally fine with that. If Spielberg had directed this one I would have probably accepted it. But then again, we'd have a different movie.

Went in with a completely neutral stance and really looking forward to the film. Was utterly disappointed. The whole setting is so depressing and i never expected it to be that way. Seing Indy - our hero - as an alcoholic, lonely, old man was just awful and sad. The story promises something great at the half-way point that I would have loved to see, which never happens. The sad vibe in the beginning would make sense if the film would end differently and make some other plot choices that are completely ignored. I've been usually on board with most of Kathleen Kennedys Lucasfilm stuff (Obi-Wan Kenobi excluded). But yeah, this film should not have been made this way, at all. I
It doesn't feel like an Indy film, from the big plot points down to the details: It's not shot on film and it's visible. There is a Paramount logo in the beginning - but it doesn't dissolve into anything. There are no year numbers like in every other movie. Why?? These details bother me and it just tells me something about the people behind the camera. Like, have they never seen an Indiana Jones movie?
Hearing that they reshot the ending this year (!) was quite obvious, too. And since this is (officially) supposed to be the end, it's even more sad.
I usually don't get people saying stuff like "Star Wars ends with Ep. 6", but I totally get it now, at least here. For me, Indiana Jones ends with 'Kingdom', and I'm totally fine with that. If Spielberg had directed this one I would have probably accepted it. But then again, we'd have a different movie.

I watched this yesterday and respect your comments above. To me, it was a great closure to the Indi movies and the movie itself was
good and full of action and adventure and that is what the Indi movies are about. Yes he was old and lonely and all that but again
this was a closure to the 4 other movies. I advise people to go and watch. Full of fun and adventure.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Enjoyed it but from a nostalgia view point.
For me the movies stop at 3 as I thought kingdom was awful.
This was better than kingdom but some of the cgi shots looked awful in this however the de-aging of ford was some of the best I have seen so far.
Bit of a downer in some places and towards the end did think what!!!!!!!
All in all glad I saw it in the cinema, phoebe and ford were good and i can see her doing more adventure movies. Just a bit sad after seeing it.

Went in with a completely neutral stance and really looking forward to the film. Was utterly disappointed. The whole setting is so depressing and i never expected it to be that way. Seing Indy - our hero - as an alcoholic, lonely, old man was just awful and sad. The story promises something great at the half-way point that I would have loved to see, which never happens. The sad vibe in the beginning would make sense if the film would end differently and make some other plot choices that are completely ignored. I've been usually on board with most of Kathleen Kennedys Lucasfilm stuff (Obi-Wan Kenobi excluded). But yeah, this film should not have been made this way, at all.
For some reason Disney, or more precisely, the lunatic far left liberals at it, seem to hate everything and every character they're simultaneously trying to leech off of.

Anyway, the Scottish Drinker says it better:

Also, it grossed just 60mil this 3-day weekend (will be more with July 4th I guess), which is a failure for a movie that needs about a billion just to break even. Worldwide its twice less, than the previous 4th part.

Well He Wasnt Lying Harrison Ford GIF
This literally sums up the Shortround knock-off who had zero relevance to the plot until he was needed to fly a plane. Even though Phoboe Waller-Bridges character specifically says to him that he’s never flown a plane after he also says he’s never flown a plane. ‍

Reactions: 3Maters
Just got back from seeing it. Me and my mate wanted to check it out because we grew up with and love Indy like everyone else and we thought well we survived crystal skull so nothing can be worse. Plus you can’t grumble at £5 cinema tickets where I live in the land that time forgot.

We enjoyed it tbh. Great opening, decent action and enjoyed the plot. Mads and Waller-bridge were great too. It’s miles better than crystal skull and tbh I personally enjoyed it more than temple! Yeah come at me if you want!

Obviously no where near raiders and crusade but still enjoyable and it felt more like the original trilogy.
I thought indy being old and depressed was actually really fitting for his character development considering what’s happened in his life with his son and wife and the fact he’s old, can’t go on adventures anymore and none of his students are madly in love with him because he’s literally an old lonely depressed fart (lol). Even though he’s still kinda got it

Reactions: taher and Stygian
After all the bad reviews I was expecting something terrible, but it is indeed always better to judge for yourself, and I found it to be a perfectly good movie. Yes Harrison Ford is very old now, and yes 'they' should've done more movies much earlier, way before the 4th, but it's an interesting and fun film from start to finish, better than most big budget releases of the past few years, even better than the 4th Indy movie. So I don't know what all the fuss was about, but I do tend to like things others don't, and hate those that are popular, so whatever. I liked it quite a lot, and I'm happy about it.